Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

vin decoding

Hey guys, just wondering if it's possible to tell if a car has an lsd from the vin number or not, namely an e34 535i.

Cheers,

Ian.

Hey guys, just wondering if it's possible to tell if a car has an lsd from the vin number or not, namely an e34 535i.

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian, dont think so from vin number - have you got the car on hand?

nope, not mine, I know you can check the diff housing for an S, but unfortunately, car is located about 700km away, haha.

pure guess...std 535 prolly not,NZ 535is probably.You can get your build sheet from a BMW dealer by giving them the vin.They might give you the build sheet (options) if your car has lsd it will be listed there

Have a look under the rear seat, you might find a sheet of paper with a whole swag of three digit numbers printed on it. This is the car's build sheet.

Have a look for 209, that is the code for the LSD

Otherwise as Paul has suggested have a talk to your friendly dealer

Edited by rxsumo

I've just brought the NZ dealer release manuals for the E34, and if its a NZ new car, and a 535 it will have a LSD

Have a look under the rear seat, you might find a sheet of paper with a whole swag of three digit numbers printed on it. This is the car's build sheet.

Have a look for 209, that is the code for the LSD

Otherwise as Paul has suggested have a talk to your friendly dealer

come to think of it i found my build sheet under the front drivers seat while i was fixing a non moving seat

I've just brought the NZ dealer release manuals for the E34, and if its a NZ new car, and a 535 it will have a LSD

Cheers for that, I saw you bidding on them, did you get them for $10 in the end?