Sign in to follow this  
arcon

mystery stalls

twice in the last week my car has stalled at intersections... electrics still on but the engine is dead. re-ignition fixes it. temperature etc normal and no warning lights, had the car since feb this year (when it had inspection 1) without issue. any ideas? its a 2001 320i 91000Ks.

get the cam sensor checked , common fault .

thanks will do - also i've been noticing over the past 2 months sometimes the car feels as though it has way less power than normal.... could this be related...?

the cost of a new camshaft sensor seems to vary hugely on google - anywhere from US$150 to $400 + labour...? yay :) if that's the issue i wonder what jerryC will hit me for lol.

thanks will do - also i've been noticing over the past 2 months sometimes the car feels as though it has way less power than normal.... could this be related...?

the cost of a new camshaft sensor seems to vary hugely on google - anywhere from US$150 to $400 + labour...? yay :) if that's the issue i wonder what jerryC will hit me for lol.

could be related .

i should have a sensor form a 92 /94 m50 engine if they are the same

just confirmed by jerryC - faulty camshaft sensor, 400 inc labour to replace it, pretty happy with that.