Sign in to follow this  
Matty

Selling in Autotrader?

So I've got the car advertised on Trademe, which was straightforward enough: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=134695526

I started doing an Autotrader ad online, but there's no section that I can find for adding details like make, model, specs, etc (which appear in everyone else's ads...). You just put a title and description in manually, which doesn't seem to make sense to me.

anyone else know what they're doing there and can tell me how?

Noone is familiar with making an Autotrader ad? :(

Probably not..Most people appear to use trademe these days.

Its no wonder why - so easy to use.Unlike autotrader by the looks of your post.

GL with the sale.

Noone is familiar with making an Autotrader ad? :(

You call them, tell them what you are selling and what you want the add to say, email them a photo and then they list it. Your car will also be featured on their web site. Oh you have to pay them too.

Its not hard and can fetch an audience that trade me normally misses.

I had a hard time selling a nice newer BMW like yours on trade me once so I listed in the AT and got lots of interest.

thanks for the advice Apex, I phoned and spoke to them to book a space, emailed the details (organised the same way the in-magazine form is), sent a few photos and they set it up and worded the magazine ad (which I reviewed and tweaked).

Apparently their website (ie selling section) is being revised so it will be easier to make ads in the future.

FWIW it will be in this Thursday's mag. Asking price drop to $26000 (same for trademe ad above). Cmon folks, make a (decent) offer and get a bargain here!