Sign in to follow this  
majsty

E36 Brake light bulb holder stuck

I'm getting the '1 Brake Light Failure' problem so I need to get the bulb holder out to see if molesting the contacts will fix the problem, but unfortunately the damn holder won't come out. I can get all the other holders in the tail light assembly out, but this one just won't budge. I don't want to snap anything from bending it too hard, anyone got any ideas?

Chur.

Jared

I'm getting the '1 Brake Light Failure' problem so I need to get the bulb holder out to see if molesting the contacts will fix the problem, but unfortunately the damn holder won't come out. I can get all the other holders in the tail light assembly out, but this one just won't budge. I don't want to snap anything from bending it too hard, anyone got any ideas?

Chur.

Jared

i have used a bit of CRC and just keeped on and just worked back and forth it free, imguess they are the factory light?

Yes, factory light. I've given it a squirt but still no luck, will try again tomorrow.

I've encountered tight bulb holders before and always got then out by pushing the holder inwards, towards the tail light, and just turning them hard (make sure it's the right way).

Give it a real good twist.... these German cars are built tough!

These are notorious for burning contacts on the brake light bulb holder - sh*t design which fails over time - will probably need to get aggressive with it :angry: