Sign in to follow this  
lidistick

E39 540i MANUAL!

Verytempting..I want to upgrade to a 5er this year, unsure if im going to get an e39 or e60 though(company car)

Whats anyones view on the k's?Anyone had an e39 thats done higher k's.

Bearing in mind I do 1000+ k's a week so will add up fast.

Cheers in advance

Verytempting..I want to upgrade to a 5er this year, unsure if im going to get an e39 or e60 though(company car)

Cheers in advance

Fathers got a 540 exactly the same but auto, done 166k still feels as tight as ever.

Its a V8 and at that mileage.. its just run in if serviced properly. :)

It'll keep going.

I'm so bloody tempted to cancel the contract but I've gone unconditional so GAH.

DO IT.

Its a V8 and at that mileage.. its just run in if serviced properly. :)

It'll keep going.

I'm so bloody tempted to cancel the contract but I've gone unconditional so GAH.

DO IT.

This is what revolving credit facility is for .... Contract or no contract you'd still have a sizable amount floating around waiting to be spent.

Cheers in advance

Maintained well high KMs on a BMW should be no problem. Though I think the 540s have more issues than the 6 cylinder E39s, you'll be able to find a list on the net. Seeing as it's NZ New the service records will probably be available.

Do it. ;)

Shame it doesn't have a TV, or much options at all. I saw one on eBay UK a few months ago that had basically EVERY option!

e60 company car nice...!!

Edited by Chris C

Its a manual, you don't want a bloody TV in a car. That's what a house is for! :o

Not only TV, but Sat Nav and computer screen thingy to control that kick-ass stereo.

Its a manual, you don't want a bloody TV in a car. That's what a house is for! :o

Hahaha +1 why would you want a tv in a manual V8? enlighten me, please :P

Wow, just...Wow, that is really good looking, genuine S5 as well.

stay away you B%$#!s.I emailed him,doesnt seem to know much about it....but i am tempted!I think its just a body kitted 540/6,doesnt even have sports seats!

stay away you B%$#!s.I emailed him,doesnt seem to know much about it....but i am tempted!I think its just a body kitted 540/6,doesnt even have sports seats!

So ... we'll see you in it at the BBQ then?

Prices at Autohaus Rotorua are always somewhat quite 'optimistic'.

Oh, I just remember, I saw that car around Wellington about 3-4 years ago. Used to have personalised plate, hence the new plate.

Edited by 318Touring

On first impressions Id be inclined to agree with you Paul. Very very easy to kit out a car and call it something it isnt. The sports seats are a dead giveaway as I really cant see an S5 not having sports seats as standard.

It would be worth doing some research on the web to find out how you really identify an S5.

I was just talking to lidistick about it, we don't think it's a genuine S5, especially since they say '540i S5' instead of 'ACS S5'. Reckon it's just an S5 lookalike.

You can get the genuine article ACS S5 and then you can get a 540 thats had the ASC treatment, i.e, gone through the ACS factory and had the suspension, bodykit, etc. put on.

As far as I know it was an option when ordering a new 540 whether you wanted to spend the extra cash and get it kitted out.

It definitly should have sports seats, ACS pedals, and the badging differs from what is shown in the ACS S5 sales brochure, Here

Been trying to find info as well, no luck, all other 'S5' E39s are also 525 or 530s. I'm starting to think the E39 S5 might be like the S7 posted in the forum the other day, just body mods? Though there was an E34 S5 with a 3.7L wasn't there? This is an interesting topic for sure.

I found out the same as you guys.....I guess you can buy as many or as few ACS bits as you like...However its still a 540/6 so its still some cred. The guy also told me that it had a PP so all stories add up to the same so far.

Edited by kiwi535