Sign in to follow this  
deane30

Advice needed

Hey guys and girls,

I have an e30 without fog lights (factory). Instead it has a blanking cover over each of the holes where the fog lights go if fitted. I just noticed today that one of them is missing (I hadn't heard it fall off while driving or anything?).

Would the best option be to buy a new blanking cover off trade me and get it painted and fitted?

Does anyone know where to get BMW paint in Wellington? The car is Mineral Blue which is a really rare colour so i don't think i would be able to find a cover in that colour (iv'e never even seen an e30 the same colour in NZ).

Also has anyone had experience re-fitting these covers and are the easy to put in??

The other option would be to take the other one off and just have two holes. I don't really want to do this though because the car is in excellent condition.

I don't really want to bother fitting fog lights in the spaces and I don't have the $$.

Thanks in advance

Dean

Hey Dean

This should be an easy DIY job. Pop down to any reputable auto paint shop and get them to colour match a spray can of paint for your car. Then find a replacement fog blank from a wreckers and paint it yourself.

As for fitting the new one; should just clip in but if you're unsure take the other one out to see how it fits in there!

Good luck!

P.S: This is your colour code if the paint shop needs it:

231 Mineralblau Mineral Blue Metallic Blue 51 91 1 973 948

Edited by gannetboy

Panels are secured with plastic mounting clip/plugs -two top, two bottom of the panel

thanks guys,

i'll try to contact someone on trade me for one first and then if i have no luck i'll head to the wreckers.

if anyone does know of a place in wellington that is good for buying small spraycan car paint let me know

I've got one mate. CosmoBlue (light blue)

I've got one mate. CosmoBlue (light blue)

hey mate,

is it for the left hand side of the car (passenger side)? and also how much including postage to wellington?

Does it come with the clips to put it on?

Cheers