Sign in to follow this  
37 South

Woosh

Any one of on Woosh? I mean the ISP woosh, not that other stuff.

Like to hear from you if had experience with WOOSH. (not the other stuff)

Any one of on Woosh? I mean the ISP woosh, not that other stuff.

Like to hear from you if had experience with WOOSH. (not the other stuff)

Me too, I am looking at finally moving off dial-up at home to something a little faster.

I'm lucky that work has a fast connection, so any decent downloads can be done there.

Cheers

Guest Zwilling

My flat has a 256K ADSL (networked of course) with a 10GB limit - my flatmate's work pays for it all - not as good as the 2Mb at work but all good all things considered :D

Guest Zwilling

Which reminds me, bring your laptops down with you when you come, I can hook you onto our network and you can download all the goodies you want :pimp:

Guest Andrew

256k isn't even broadband

whoosh is OK - didn't have it in my area.. low latency.. bear in mind 256k with them is a target connection - so if 10 people are using it .. you get the idea.

256KB/s = 32 Kb/s

Guest Zwilling

whoosh is OK - didn't have it in my area.. low latency.. bear in mind 256k with them is a target connection - so if 10 people are using it .. you get the idea.

256KB/s = 32 Kb/s

I think you got mixed up there, 256Kb/s = 32KB/s...

Isn't paradise (saturn) the only true broadband provider??? They're the only ppl using fibre-optic cable while Telecom and Telstra uses sad old ghey ADSL...

Guest Andrew

256KB/s = 32 Kb/s

I think you got mixed up there, 256Kb/s = 32KB/s...

Isn't paradise (saturn) the only true broadband provider??? They're the only ppl using fibre-optic cable while Telecom and Telstra uses sad old ghey ADSL...

opps - typo.. i deal with way to much of that crap

hmm I'd say 8Mbs is a fairly decent broadband connection that I can get on ADSL?

Guest Andrew

Who provides you with 8Mbps???

I lie - I get 7.5 Mb/s from the exchange to my house. I can use this speed when accessing local servers but the plan I have for the internet is only 256k .. I could however use the 7.5 Mb/s if I was on the right plan.

Guest Zwilling

Ah I see, you did sretch the truth. That's the same for us, we get 5Mb/s but the plan nobbles us to 256Kb/s :(