Sign in to follow this  
cainchapman

Photos from the Southern trip

Guest Simon*

A great collection Cain

How was the trip?

Edited by Simon*

Trip was good. Caught up with Emma and Andrew in Dunedin. Nice to meet them.

Got some nice orders. Successful, I guess.

I'll be down your way soon Simon. Get Doug and the boys ready.

We'll finish with the garage and move to the workshop.

The other touring car is being decaled. Lindsay's Begg is being prepped for Phillip Island. I don't know if the O'Donnell Touring car will be at Skope. I think not.

post-326-1200641544_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200641653_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200641835_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200641948_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200642189_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200642323_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200642449_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200642546_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200642694_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200642845_thumb.jpg

post-326-1200642990_thumb.jpg

Haha Wayne, that's Dad. I could evolve into that. Beards and horrid dress sense runs in the family. I haven't succumbed yet. Here he is in Arthurs Pass

No firm dates yet Doug. If I have to go to New Plymouth next week, I might come over after that. I'm doing my best to drop it back until after Waitangi day though.

post-326-1200643758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cain

Haha Wayne, that's Dad. I could evolve into that. Beards and horrid dress sense runs in the family. I haven't succumbed yet. Here he is in Arthurs Pass

No firm dates yet Doug. If I have to go to New Plymouth next week, I might come over after that. I'm doing my best to drop it back until after Waitangi day though.

Sweet keep me posted. Im out of town Waitangi wkend so after would be good

Those wheels on that M3 are hawt.

He wouldn't be out of place in Arthur's Pass.

Nice! True history in those cars, didn't Enzo name the car after his late son all those years ago?

Guest Simon*

Hey Cain

I see Doug's jumped in here - we'll expect you sometime after Waitangi weekend then.

Cheers

Simon

The other touring car is being decaled. Lindsay's Begg is being prepped for Phillip Island. I don't know if the O'Donnell Touring car will be at Skope. I think not.

I was fortunate enough to attend a track day at Ruapuna put on by Lindsay in December for work colleagues and business associates. There were some (very) hot laps in:

a) BMW 320 supertourer (ex Tony Longhurst I think). This was driven by son Matthew. LOUD.

B) Scott drove the GT3 - amazing acceleration and traction

c) Lindsay's own road car , the Ferrari 430 F1 - beautiful

d) a GT3 in road trim

e) a Lotus Exige

post-1912-1200890936_thumb.jpg post-1912-1200890956_thumb.jpg

The Begg was on display which was later taken out by The Stig aka Phil Mauger who owns the ex Denny Hulme Yardley McLarem M23.

A fantastic afternoon enjoyed by some lucky people

Good to see Lindsay and Scott are copying our "Swichtec days". They are heaps of fun. Yes, Lindsay's touring car is the 3rd sister or our 2. Ex Frank Gardiner cars from the Brabham/Longhurst days.

I'll plan a trip for the next one we have and get in car footage from as many of the vehicles as possible. As I can't get to Skope this year.

Good to see Lindsay and Scott are copying our "Swichtec days". They are heaps of fun. Yes, Lindsay's touring car is the 3rd sister or our 2. Ex Frank Gardiner cars from the Brabham/Longhurst days.

I'll plan a trip for the next one we have and get in car footage from as many of the vehicles as possible. As I can't get to Skope this year.

Was this you by any chance? found it via the dino link

They are my photos, yes. Andrew and I were working the timing system when Den got taken out by the Fords.

Skope is the best classic car meet in the country. I will take my video camera down with me next time.