Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

E60 was part of Government fleet evaluation?

Take a look at this listing from Jeff Gray -> E60 525d

An LCI E60, 525d which is not as flash as 530d (or 535d), looks very ordinary although at least it has Comfort Access.

Might be part of the different models from BMW used for DIA's evaluation.

Also the listing is titled '525d Sedan Government'.

a little OT ,i was down at Jeff Grays the other day and they had a 335d!So we might be geting the 535d and the 7 series V8 one!(all pure cimjecture on my part!.) I did get to have a wee drive of the M3 though!

Interesting name for the car, that's a facelift right?

a little OT ,i was down at Jeff Grays the other day and they had a 335d!So we might be geting the 535d and the 7 series V8 one!(all pure cimjecture on my part!.) I did get to have a wee drive of the M3 though!

How was the M3?

Is this a mistake or have I missed something it is titled 525d Sedan Government but the spec list has it as 2993cc, thought the 525d was only 2.5ltr or their abouts and at $89,900 it is not very flush with extra bits by the photos. Must say I don't like the E60 body shape or it's interior layout.

Paul did the M3 impress

Edited by allan

The M3 was absolutely amazing in more ways than just the accelleration.I felt instantly at home.My biggest criticsm is there was a lever very very close to the indicators,dont knw if it was cruise or the steering wheel adjustment...i am sure you would get used to it.

I cant compare it to any car i have ever driven....only motorbikes..

So the 525d is a "detuned" and low spec 530d?

Edited by kiwi535

whats LCI or HEA...havent heard of those before

EDIT

the 525 is indeed a detuned 530 and they now list the 535d...210 KW!

525d

The newest member of the BMW 5 Series range is the 525d. This model with its 3.0-litre displacement and 145 kw engine impresses with its flexibility and smooth running characteristics. Peak torque of 400 Nm is on tap from as low as 1,300 rpm. The 525d accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 7.7 seconds on the way to a top speed of 232 km/h. The combined fuel consumption figures stand at 5.5 litres/100 km. 525d diesel engine is offered as an M Sport model in the sedan variant.

530d

This dynamic six-cylinder in-line 3.0-litre engine develops 173 kW to propel the BMW from 0-100 km/h in 6.8 seconds on the way to a top speed of 248 km/h. The combined fuel consumption figures also impress with 5.2 litres/100 km. And its peak torque of up to 500 Nm represents formidable pulling power. 530d diesel engine is offered as an SE or M Sport model in the sedan variant.

535d

The new BMW 535d comes with Variable Twin-Turbo technology – an innovation that makes the in-line six cylinder engine exceptionally dynamic, responsive and powerful. It combines instant responses at low revs with convincing performance high up in the engine speed range. With 210 kW and maximum torque of 580 Nm, the 535d is truly one of the worlds sportiest of diesels, and one which everyone should take the opportunity to drive. 535d diesel engine is offered as an M Sport model in the sedan or Touring variant.

Edited by kiwi535

Would be interesting to drive the 335d. We have driven the 335i and it is a very quick car. Just looking at the specs, and the diesel is only half a second slower from 0 - 100 but has 580nm of torque!

The M3 was absolutely amazing in more ways than just the accelleration.I felt instantly at home.

For $170k+, it's as expensive as a house!! You'd better be feeling right at home for that kind of money.

dont knw if it was cruise or the steering wheel adjustment...i am sure you would get used to it.

It's the cruise control lever, like in E60. And I'm still trying to get used to it.

LCI = Life Cycle Impulse. Facelift E60, new front & lights, new rear lights, repositioned windows control, redesigned centre console, X5 style gear stick etc.

For $170k+, it's as expensive as a house!! You'd better be feeling right at home for that kind of money.

:lol: That's hilarious. Although this house depreciates pretty damn fast it'll be quite affordable in a few years!

true true but honestly as soon as i had set the seat and steering wheel, everything was right at hand,I had absolutely no trouble with any of the basic controls....the BMW man worked the I drive!

everything was right at hand,I had absolutely no trouble with any of the basic controls....the BMW man worked the I drive!

Except for the #@$! cruise control lever! Every time I needed to flash my light I screwed up my cruise control setting!!

I love all of the crazy stuff you can see and set through iDrive. The more expensive your model the more settings you can play around with.

Just saw a review of a 535D M-Sport in Top Gear today, apparently new it's $135,000? If that's true this isn't that great a deal then.

Just saw a review of a 535D M-Sport in Top Gear today, apparently new it's $135,000? If that's true this isn't that great a deal then.

15000 saving for 8000 k old car...thats not bad is it?

Mind you though that $135k gives you a standard car. Maybe for BMW fleet they ticked off a few boxes to keep the managers happy.

You know how expensive these options can be.

Edited by 318Touring

15000 saving for 8000 k old car...thats not bad is it?

Wouldn't that 15000 be the discount you'd get when buying a new car? Apart from Honda no one expects paying the full RRP?

Good point about the options, my comment regarding $15000 was made under the assumption that it was a facelift and a M-Sport, though the price they listed might have been for the base model.