Sign in to follow this  
325jones

random waterpipe

any idea if i can just take this out, any idea of what this auctual does?

if plugs in to the back of the airbox, but i have taken out the airbox 4 a pod filter and now dont know what to do with it

Its Fig10 with pipes 15,15

10 THERMOSTAT 1 13541730682 $47.99

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=11&fg=35

It possibly has something to do with the idling speed. It will open or close according to air temp in the airbox and help stabilise the idling..?? I don't know, my 328 doesn't have it so am speculating.

I wouldn't be inclined to remove it. You could try but plug both ends at the manifold and the throttle body and see what happens.. but generally something will go out of kilter if you just remove these bits without proper compensation.

You will find that you have probably lost power by fitting a pod filter anyway unless you have designed a proper cold air box around it, It is normally better to put in a K&N replacement panel filer cartridge into the standard airbox. The standard airbox normally flows better than a pod filter and sucks in cold air from the front of the vehicle rather than hot air form the engine bay.

Will

edited..

Edited by will