Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

540i exhaust upgrade

Hey guys, just purchased a 540i and have noticed the exhaust note is quite mild. Just wondering if you guys know anywhere in South Auckland that do good exhaust systems. I am after full exhaust including headers. Also if you guys could give me an estimate on price, that'd be great too.

Regards,

Ian.

Ian, I'd be surprised if you need headers.

The ones that come on the car are really nice.

I am in the process of doing something to mine. And I have a decibel meter, so I will be testing the before and after results.

Ian, I'd be surprised if you need headers.

The ones that come on the car are really nice.

I am in the process of doing something to mine. And I have a decibel meter, so I will be testing the before and after results.

Good man, please keep me updated Cain. :-).

Edit* - How free flowing are these headers? My mate said they look a little restrictive.

Edited by Creaver

Good man, please keep me updated Cain. :-).

Edit* - How free flowing are these headers? My mate said they look a little restrictive.

i would look at the rear muffler first.At 210 kw there s nothing wrong with the basic M60 engine.....just think about what sort of output ss commodores and the like had until recently......and they started with a 5 litre v8

besides a rear muffler or two will till be cheaper than a set of headers....

Guest Simon*

Hey guys, just purchased a 540i and have noticed the exhaust note is quite mild. Just wondering if you guys know anywhere in South Auckland that do good exhaust systems. I am after full exhaust including headers. Also if you guys could give me an estimate on price, that'd be great too.

Regards,

Ian.

I've got an aftermarket DTM twinpipe setup on mine and the note is anything but mild :)

Goes hard, sounds great and there's no mistaking the fact that you're in a V8

I inherited it however, so can't give you any clues as to price