Sign in to follow this  
dereklau007

New Tyres

Hi all,

Just searching for some decent tyres for my 528i, initially I wanted to get 17 or 18 inch wheels but haven't been able to find the right look. So here I am looking for new tyres for my factory wheels... What suggestions would people have in terms of a good price and a good tyre? Also any feedback about the tyres you suggest would be awesome!

Derek

Hi all,

Just searching for some decent tyres for my 528i, initially I wanted to get 17 or 18 inch wheels but haven't been able to find the right look. So here I am looking for new tyres for my factory wheels... What suggestions would people have in terms of a good price and a good tyre? Also any feedback about the tyres you suggest would be awesome!

Derek

what year is your 5 series? What 'look' are you after wheel wise?

Edited by zenetti

Call around and check for prices, if you want high performance tyres try Direzza, GridIII, C.Drive, Proxex CT01 or others such as Proxes 4 or A.Drive - 55 series not popular so some of these suggestions may not be available.

what year is your 5 series? What 'look' are you after wheel wise?

I was actually looking for the E39 M5 wheels in either 17 or 18. Others that I wanted were the E39 540i Motorsport wheels (the split 5 spoke design ones). Those are my ideal candidates so just looking around to see if anyone is selling them but in no rush; in either new or used condition.

I have as new (~500km) Bridgestone Potenza in 225/50/16? check the for sale section :)

I have as new (~500km) Bridgestone Potenza in 225/50/16? check the for sale section :)

These are too small unfortunately.

There are a wide range of 225/55/16's available, do you have any particular brand preferences? What qualities are most important to you in a tyre eg wear? noise? performance? etc

Thanks for that, they are a really good deal but unfortunately they are a little too small... If only they were 55...

These are too small unfortunately.

There are a wide range of 225/55/16's available, do you have any particular brand preferences? What qualities are most important to you in a tyre eg wear? noise? performance? etc

I'm looking for performance then noise and ofcourse price is pretty important too! I'm open to most brands, so long as they have something to back up the claims more than happy. I've heard Dunlop Direzza DZ101's are pretty good on those 2 fronts?

Direzza's are not made in this particular size, however they do make the Sport Maxx and SP01. Members here have mixed reviews about the Sport Maxx, however it is a directional performance tyre. I would probably go with the SP01, it is an assymetric tyre so will probably be quieter than the Sport Maxx.

Direzza's are not made in this particular size, however they do make the Sport Maxx and SP01. Members here have mixed reviews about the Sport Maxx, however it is a directional performance tyre. I would probably go with the SP01, it is an assymetric tyre so will probably be quieter than the Sport Maxx.

How much would I be looking at for Sport Maxx and SP01?