Sign in to follow this  
entscheidend

Private importing from UK

I know there are new laws now with emissions, age etc ..

What is the process and the costs involved with importing from the UK? Has anyone done it and how much? Is it worth it?

Vehicle is a 1999/2000 with a M62 / TU 79,000mls

you have to pay gst on the value of the car, and the freight, plus factor in about $200 for cleaning, $100-150 for transport to the compliance place, $500-700 for compliance (assuming nothing needs fixing) and $515 for a statement of compliance from bmw if your car needs it.

I know there are new laws now with emissions, age etc ..

What is the process and the costs involved with importing from the UK? Has anyone done it and how much? Is it worth it?

Vehicle is a 1999/2000 with a M62 / TU 79,000mls

Have bought in 2 ex UK and 10 ex Japan. I have a speadsheet set up in xls which is easy to use. Shows all the costs involved along the way. You fill in the purchase price and the on road is calculated on the bottom.

PM me your email address & I will send to you. Happy to mentor you thru the process for a dozen Heinies once it has landed :)

Have bought in 2 ex UK and 10 ex Japan. I have a speadsheet set up in xls which is easy to use. Shows all the costs involved along the way. You fill in the purchase price and the on road is calculated on the bottom.

PM me your email address & I will send to you. Happy to mentor you thru the process for a dozen Heinies once it has landed :)

How much is shipping from the UK? and how long do I have to wait?

Not sure on shipping costs as our's was free , but it took 7 weeks for our contain from London to arrive in Tauranga and another week for it to arrive in Wellington when we moved back from London.

Hey

Try Dave = Fai+H777

He's just brought in a 2003 525 Touring - nice - and some Mercs

He's been lurking on eurosport.org.nz lately so best try contact him there

Also my bro-in-law is a sales exec with MSC shipping in Chch so he may be able to assist with organising freight. PM me if you want his details

Mike

You have to hire a container to put it in which usually costs around 2800 Euro so it works out to be $NZ 6000 - 6500 which includes clearance and cartage ex wharf. You should really check out the Japan market as the roll on / roll off works out at $1500 per car.

Second issue is the BMW Compliance Paper which costs $500 to get. Japanese imports usually have the data on the dereg certificate but BMWs, ex UK, don't come with it so it is an extra cost.

Third issue is that you can't tell from the paperwork if the UK has ever been in an accident whereas the Japan system will show it on the auction data.

Shipped a race car car about 2 years ago from UK, total cost was about nz$7k. The container was dropped off at the location in the UK. They put the car in along with heaps of spares and i picked it up from customs clearance in Auckland. Took about 6 weeks. Could have been cheaper if i opted for roll on roll off, but felt it was better secured on it's own in a 20ft container.

Mark

Shipped a race car car about 2 years ago from UK, total cost was about nz$7k. The container was dropped off at the location in the UK. They put the car in along with heaps of spares and i picked it up from customs clearance in Auckland. Took about 6 weeks. Could have been cheaper if i opted for roll on roll off, but felt it was better secured on it's own in a 20ft container.

Mark

How much was the car?