Sign in to follow this  
low_rider

sr20det into e30

sr20det because the day you want more power....just add IC, injectors +whatever else is needed (cant be bothered thinking now) = power...and lots of it :D also the fact it would fit into a e30 relatively easily....s2000 engine? what happens when you get to 250 hp? nothing....turbo a high compression vtec? too much hassle, i would be aiming for 250-300 eventual RWHP if i went this route

8K to turbo your car???

IMHO don't turbo a bimmer engine, use a toymota, talk to Glenn - turboing a bmw engine - blasphemy

No its awesome - they handle boost very well and spool up turbos pretty damn quick.
damn right, check out www.turbochargingdynamics.com maybe one day my M30 will be turbo....

sparkle

Well as i've heard from a few places the SR20 into E30's is pretty common! But the main thing is that you can do a conversion to a far better engine for around the same price, you still have to get custom mounts made for engines and intercoolers, piping ect... What about a M50 or M52 conversion if your not just after a turbo'd engine and want to stay with a BM engine, or even a S50... BM Auto

After a trip to a local workshop that also had an E30 with a 1jz in it sitting there infront of me... (that also had chrome 18's, R34 GTR brakes, white leather, TONS of other stuff and being jet black!) i've seen in my opinion the most crazily modified example of an E30...

I've since been considering doing a 1j conversion myself, with the help of some mates too... Now after actually finding someone online who's done it themself i was just wondering, did you use a soarer 5 speed box, like a newish model one or an older supra 5 speed? and how's the fit through the trans tunnel, cause the car that i saw was up on a hoist but i was hard to tell it there had been any changes to the size of it.

Posted Image

SR20 E30

BUT! you could go crazy like this guy in taihland and put a 2jz with a T88 340 in an E30

Posted Image

id still probly stick with the sr20, due mainly to it being a lighter engine than any 6 bangers, and it would make handling similiar to a 4cyln beema but with power low in the rev range to higher than most beemas will rev. You can very easily get 220kw with these enginges so tuning potential is endless eg 800hp sylvia in NZ, and theyre cheaper to buy and have heaps of off the shelf parts available.

Guest Andrew

Well as i've heard from a few places the SR20 into E30's is pretty common! But the main thing is that you can do a conversion to a far better engine for around the same price, you still have to get custom mounts made for engines and intercoolers, piping ect... What about a M50 or M52 conversion if your not just after a turbo'd engine and want to stay with a BM engine, or even a S50... BM Auto

After a trip to a local workshop that also had an E30 with a 1jz in it sitting there infront of me... (that also had chrome 18's, R34 GTR brakes, white leather, TONS of other stuff and being jet black!) i've seen in my opinion the most crazily modified example of an E30...

I've since been considering doing a 1j conversion myself, with the help of some mates too... Now after actually finding someone online who's done it themself i was just wondering, did you use a soarer 5 speed box, like a newish model one or an older supra 5 speed? and how's the fit through the trans tunnel, cause the car that i saw was up on a hoist but i was hard to tell it there had been any changes to the size of it.

Posted Image

SR20 E30

BUT! you could go crazy like this guy in taihland and put a 2jz with a T88 340 in an E30

Posted Image

You'd have better luck PMing Glenn - username E30-323ti

an 800hp SR20 would cost some SERIOUS coin.