Sign in to follow this  
threeta

Corolla FXGT AE92 How much?

My mother's fxgt is sitting in the drive looking for a new home. I've usually flicked friend's junk off on trademe for $1 reserve and kept going. But the more i drive it the more i like it so i thinks i have to offer her a realistic price and keep it for a hack car. So any of you bimmer sportians know what it's worth?

1988 Corolla AE92 FXGT Auto. Climate air, metallic paint and few bumps and scrapes. 146km. last owner had it forever.

Needs:

new tyres, a/c is low on gas, a few rattles fixed, front/rear bumpers banged up.

So just need a rough idea of how much you'd pay your mum for it so as not to upset her too much!

And - any of you guys know how much the insurance companies would charge for a 16 year old female to insure it - third party only.

sorry to post a Japper - but its not the worst car in the world.

ta, duncan

post-131-1203728521_thumb.jpg

post-131-1203728576_thumb.jpg

post-131-1203728622_thumb.jpg

post-131-1203728669_thumb.jpg

Yea about 2k?

Are those BMW wheels? I'm seeing a BMW emblem in the center... tisk tisk

Any rust? Facelift AE92's should be fine though.

Rust = $$ :(

EDIT: '88's are prefacelift I think? With the TVIS big port motor? If you can, try get your hands on the non-TVIS smallport motor that came in the facelift. Either way, 4AGE's are fantastic motors and go very well if looked after.

Edited by JiB

Thinking auto like yours would be worth $500-2500 depending on how good a sales man you are and how much the potential 15 year old girl wants it (the car that is).

I sold my 85 NZ Toyota Corolla GT for $5,600 a few months back…

a mate just bought an older on for $1200... its a rust bucket with huge dents. so im guessing you could get 2.5k easily :)

thanks for the replies - i'll see if she'll take 1000 - lol

the wheels came with it - ex japan, and they have this bmw emblim - not sure where or why - as front wheel offset and only 14s

i had a nz new ae86 manual in 94/96 - it was a great car too.

A NZ new AE86 in good nick will go for over 10k these days :o

easily...those ae86's are a blast to drive...i owned one for a while.

the enigines in the fxgt are good, ive got a mate with a 300hp turbo 4age...f**k that thing hauls

it takes on evos and wrxs and beats them easily. pitty its a fwd!

but for that, id say $2000, without rust....with rust...$1500

jock had a ae86 with 240km on the clock - it was a scrapper, but he drilled it every day to the redline. it never coughed - got so rough in the end it had to go. the more i drive this one the more i like it. pity about the enduro tyres - they are like so bad they're dangerous.. i nearly took out a bimmer on saturday in that rain - it slid and slid and i only just managed to slow up enough to get another bite at the corner and get round without taking out the side of this lovely looking royal blue e46 (i think) . Hope the owner is not on bs - he must have crapped himself!!

I would say $2k since it's Auto... manual would get more... good cars, go for ever, assuming you keep the oil changes up!

www.toyspeed.org.nz might give you a better idea though...