Sign in to follow this  
3series

E34 M5 - $5000. no reserve

Yep, was a bit gobsmacked when I saw that one.

Was like M5 5k... next...

Wait... WTF!

But yeh should be real interesting to see what price it fetches.

This was on TM last year (i think), not sure if it sold or this is another attempt at selling. I'm tempted at $5k

I think the "chassis" was a donor 535?

Edited by mackt

i think the m5 was a right off then , then swapped all the M5 running gear into a donar car . might have been a 520i

i though m5's had clear indicators??

oooooh strat1 is bidding on it, please don't let that drongo get ahold of it and "alpina it" haha

someone needs to start up a tanya account or strat1 is a nob account and torment him

Guest Simon*

I agree, we've got to stop that piece of sh*t winning this auction

Even if it is a "special needs" M5 :)

i think the m5 was a right off then , then swapped all the M5 running gear into a donar car . might have been a 520i

That's what I was thinking.

I agree, we've got to stop that piece of sh*t winning this auction

Even if it is a "special needs" M5 :)

"special needs" M5 : lol.... Good description. Still a 520 with all the M5 extras including the bit under the bonnet ( 315 Hp don't forget) still represents an interesting car in my book.

Quote: "we've got to stop that piece of sh*t winning this auction" : dude the person selling may be annoying to you- but sounds like the guy has got to you a bit to much- ney good for u to get too worked up.

Anyways though there was proposed law to stop taggers under 16/18 buying spray cans- or there should be

Edited by arros

The guy has put vin and its a 520 alright. The car would so need to go on a hoist and have a super critical inspection all over, the doughs getting up there for it now for a mongrel. Already the body still needs paint and badges to get to M5 look. Wonder what else needs sorting?

make a bloody neat track car at that price tho? :D

The guy has put vin and its a 520 alright. The car would so need to go on a hoist and have a super critical inspection all over, the doughs getting up there for it now for a mongrel. Already the body still needs paint and badges to get to M5 look. Wonder what else needs sorting?

Had a chat to Brent, he said the original M5 was written off and everything transferred to the donor car/ 520i.

Not really a hand built factory car anymore, what do you guys reckon??

strat and tanya will pimp it alpina with supplys from bunnings wonder if they do other peoples rides lol

I just realized that I see this everyday on the way to college. Its always a chick driving it as well, thought I heard somewhere that a guy owned it??

The wheels look mint, actually the whole car looks mint. Great buy for someone. Sounds Awesome too!!

I just realized that I see this everyday on the way to college. Its always a chick driving it as well, thought I heard somewhere that a guy owned it??

The wheels look mint, actually the whole car looks mint. Great buy for someone. Sounds Awesome too!!

A chick driving? ....Clutch must be stuffed:)

VIN details if anybodys interested

Chassis number BC37533

Vehicle code HB62

Series E34

Model 520i ( 520i M50 )

Body type saloon

Catalog model ECE

Production date 1990 / 10

Engine M50

Transmission Automatic

Steering Right

Catalyzer YES

all e34 m5,s started with a "std" E34 body though didnt they???

all e34 m5,s started with a "std" E34 body though didnt they???

E34 shell taken to another plant to be hand built by a couple of German M dudes, not anymore.

Not that exclusive anymore, lets pump out 100,000 M3's etc etc etc.

M5's may well be a standard body: "HB62" saloon but the VIN number clearly shows the car as having an M50 motor rather than the s38 (E34 m5) engine so yip as Brent said before: it's a 520 with M5 bits

M5's used the 535 chassis

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M5:

"It was produced at BMW M GmbH in Garching, Germany and like the previous M5, was entirely hand-built. It utilized the 535i chassis which was produced at BMW's Dingolfing plant. Assembly was done either by a single M employee or a team of M employees and generally took about two weeks. It is rumored that the test drivers of the E34 M5 could determine who or what team made each specific M5, due to characteristic quirks of the handbuilt nature of the E34 M5. The engines were also built by hand by BMW M technicians. All of the E34 M5 powerplants were built to a tolerance of within 5% of advertised output..."

hand built...cool!

All of the E34 M5 powerplants were built to a tolerance of within 5% of advertised output..."

Now, thats fantastic! Couldn't say that about a lot of cars back then.