Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

e39 interior

Im thinking about changing the standard front seats I have in the touring for either the comfort or sports seats.

Does anyone know where Im likely to find someone who has these ? Am I pi$$ing in the wind trying to find a set of seats ?

Im thinking about changing the standard front seats I have in the touring for either the comfort or sports seats.

Does anyone know where Im likely to find someone who has these ? Am I pi$$ing in the wind trying to find a set of seats ?

Have you tried the wreckers Martyn? I'd imagine there are a fair number of crashed E39s around which you could take your pick from.

Well I only know one wreckers in Wellington and on the occasions I checked with them they havent had any BMW, so I guess me question is....is there anywhere in Auckland that might have something ?

what colour do you want .

i can sort some out . its a touring wagon eh!

Hi Brent,

Yes its a 2000 528 touring. They need to be black, comfort is preferable and my current ones are heated which I want to keep.

Let me know what you have.

Hi Brent,

Yes its a 2000 528 touring. They need to be black, comfort is preferable and my current ones are heated which I want to keep.

Let me know what you have.

hi , i have a set of fronts from a 95 740i , they will fit and have heaters , memory etc , but are grey but you can get redyed . but i have a wrecker freind who has black leather seats from e39 and e38 .

why are you changing , whats the difference with what you have and what you want . i know about the sport seats differences . post some pics

cheers

hi , i have a set of fronts from a 95 740i , they will fit and have heaters , memory etc , but are grey but you can get redyed . but i have a wrecker freind who has black leather seats from e39 and e38 .

why are you changing , whats the difference with what you have and what you want . i know about the sport seats differences . post some pics

cheers

What I have is the bog standard seats (which I think is the same as your grey seats - from what Ive seen on TM).

They havent been used much and have an awful lot of padding in them. The base is actually convex rather than concave and as Im 6'5 and my wife is 6' too, even with them at their lowest setting, we both hit the roof with our heads.

The comfort seats we had in the 7 sat much lower and were much more comfortable for us as we could fold the back of the seat up to contact with our shoulders (there is a hinge half way up the seat) which the standard seats dont have.

I dont mind dying seats if necessary, but I need to know if comfort seats are any better before selling the car for something else.

Id love some psorts seats but the comfort seats would be great.

Ill take some photos of mine tomorrow.

Edited by Penry

i have coffort seats in my 1999 540i touring . do you want to buy the car . seats come free with it .

i will check with my mate this monday .

txt me monday to remind my if you want .

post-279-1204791155_thumb.jpg

post-279-1204791233_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

If youd had it four months ago, or if it had a tv and sat nav, I wouldve :)

You looking to sell already ?

Here's mine, doesnt really show how the seats are though.

post-116-1204792536_thumb.jpg

If youd had it four months ago, or if it had a tv and sat nav, I wouldve :)

You looking to sell already ?

Here's mine, doesnt really show how the seats are though.

post-116-1204792536_thumb.jpg

i have access to a tv set up for it .

not sure on selling in 2 minds about the car , like it very much , wife get the kids to school on time now

she tells me today she got there before the bell went :rolleyes: .

still like a e34 540i sedan or wagon with manual box .

i have a okish 94 530i V8 with stuffed engine that is just asking for a donar 4L v8 and 5 or 6spd manaul .

post-279-1204793975_thumb.jpg