Sign in to follow this  
slipps

my vmount setup on my ca18det e30

whilst i am awaiting my 57mm alloy rad , i moked up my plans for my v mount intercooler with my old rad and new otomoto intercooler , it all looks like its gonna work and i must say looks sexy.

radiator should be here wednesday , in the mean time ill be making up aluminum shrouds for the sides.

hope u like.

any commnets welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks good...very JDM!

what made you use that setup vs a traditional vertical mount?

nice dude! jdm tyte y0! are you going to modify the bottom of your valance?

I presume you have a vented bonnet? Soooo many people V-Mount and don't have them. Which effectively eliminates the airs ability to pass through the IC. If not then you are making yourself a great interwarmer.

If done right with a nice vented bonnet you will have bugger all lag though. Which is the main purpose of a V-mounted IC. Second purpose is to protect it from crap hitting it while competition drifting.

Oh btw it looks like a great fit though. That IC will be perfect for the CA. No doubt the first E30 with a V-Mount in NZ.

Edited by driftit

Any reason why you went for a CA18 rather than the usual SR20 conversion? Smaller/ Lighter/ Cheaper??? Ive heard they are still a very strong engine.

IC setup lookin good, will keep it lookin like a sleeper without a big FMIC hangin out the front.

Two thumbs up IMO.

Looks bloody sweet mate! gotta love the ca18det, great wee engines

looking awsome man . it could be to early to tell but what power are you roughly looking at making

looks good...very JDM!

what made you use that setup v's a traditional vertical mount?

i went v mount because the engine was set really far back in the engine bay and i like the concept and look. if done right can be way more affective than traditional way.

Any reason why you went for a CA18 rather than the usual SR20 conversion? Smaller/ Lighter/ Cheaper??? Ive heard they are still a very strong engine.

when i originally bought the car it had the CA in it. but i am happy with the CA , stronger iron block , cheaper to modifiy and only 15kg heavier than SR. a good head gasket is vital with the ca's thou also a bit more rev happy.

looking awsome man . it could be to early to tell but what power are you roughly looking at making

Aiming to make about 150kw at wheels.

with a few more mods.

im stripping everything and have been looking at carbon bonnets and boots.

thanks guys.