Sign in to follow this  
potzman

e36 328i M sport or 328i ??

Hey guys,

I'm lookin at gettin my first beemer and kinda like the idea of the 328 manual. There is currently a couple of these on tradme that i have had a look at with one being a motorsport and the other just an i.

So what is different between the two? and what should i look out for in these models?

One has the common issue's like ceiling lining and door lining coming off and also the electric windows seeming to have issues with going back up, is there an easy fix for these problems?

Thanks,

Jason.

Welcome Jason!

The motorsport will be a '328i Motorsport'. A Motorsport E36 will have the same engine, transmission etc.

The differences are:

- M3 bodykit (Front/rear bumpers, sideskirts. Mirrors generally not included but you find some that have M mirrors)

- Motorsport interior (Japanese imports generally have seats with half cloth/half leather, and the front seats are sports seats with extendable knee bolsters)

- Slightly lower, sports suspension, thicker sway bars

- 16" 225/50/16 on Motorsport vs the usual 15" 205/60/15 wheel/tyre combo

Sagging of door fabric and headlining very commonn on E36. Just need to get them reupholstered. Don't know much about the windows but doubt they would cost much to fix.

Edited by Yuen

Suspension, bodykit and front seats usually define a "motorsport" but its really just an optioned E36.

The list of options is huge but they are the main ones.

They are definitely worth having but more importantly is a good service history.

Good luck, they are great cars.