Sign in to follow this  
liam02

e36 328 cabrio

As the previous topic started was on 328's, I want to know if anybody knows of any very late model 328 cabrio's floating around. I.e 1998 to 2000 with very low km's. Surely there a few hiding away in garages that are hardly driven, if you know of any I talking immaculate please let me know. ( PS if you could give me a number plate that would be great )And I have seen the 1998 avus blue on trademe. Thanks in Advance

Liam, just out of curiosity why are you looking for a late model cabrio. Is there anything special about the later models?

Well an e46 is too dear to have as a third car, I do alot of km's each day and in need my golf diesel as my daily, so the e36 is a cheaper alternative and looks great in M Spec. Therefore I want the last and best available of that model. I want low km's also.

What about a cheaper e30 vert and spend the cash from an e36 you would have saved making it "your own".

Would be a fun 3rd car

Edited by braeden.

I have had 3 e30's, i like the e36 because it is reasonably modern while the e30 is abit old hat plus the e30 hood is beyond replacing if it goes wrong

Hi, thanks but I have seen all on trademe, I am after perhaps after what is currently not for sale. i.e but maybe tempted if an offer was made. Most available are high Km's

Where did you get your M3 R90S?

I have had 3 e30's, i like the e36 because it is reasonably modern while the e30 is abit old hat plus the e30 hood is beyond replacing if it goes wrong

Why is the hood on the E30 "beyond replacing"?

Expense in repairing/ very expensive to buy new ( if you can source one ) and a major hassle.

But, I am not interested in an e30 I am after an e36 ( nothing against e30's ).

Hi, thanks but I have seen all on trademe, I am after perhaps after what is currently not for sale. i.e but maybe tempted if an offer was made. Most available are high Km's

Where did you get your M3 R90S?

We bought ours almost four years ago. It had been for sale at Monaco Motors in Greenlane, until our local dealer did a reciprocal trade and took the M3. We bought it off him.

Ours is a known car - it was brought in to order by an executive at BMW NZ and came through the BMW Individual program. It's an unusual colour, Ice Blue. Ya either luv it or hate it! Rumour had it that he ditched it quick after being asked if he was considering a career in hairdessing......

What do you regard as high mileage? Our M3 clicked over 100,000 miles (160,000km) last weekend, but we have only done 16,000 miles (25,000km) since we bought it, mostly recreational but occasionally for work. It's been perfectly reliable.

I'd take a tidy well maintained high mileage car over a neglected low mileage car any day.

This is your car!

I just want a clean example, I want somone to say, "yeah there is this one next door to me its mint".

Problem being in Wellington all are generally in Auckland, not a major but it makes it hard to go for a look.

post-281-1205194205_thumb.jpg

This is your car!

I just want a clean example, I want somone to say, "yeah there is this one next door to me its mint".

Problem being in Wellington all are generally in Auckland, not a major but it makes it hard to go for a look.

so, who's been trolling the M Registry site then....

yeah, that's ours. Like I said, a fairly distinctive colour! Only made for one model year, only 572 built in RHD, probably the only one world-wide in Ice Blue.

If you're not in a hurry, you'll find something. There's quite a few 328 cabs around.

:>)

Wow that's a very unique colour, I've never seen it around... better take care of it! ;) Looks pretty cool but as you said not for everyone.

Theres an M3 cabby up the road with TV's in it... if you like I can get you the plate? Its always garaged.

In wgtn too.