Sign in to follow this  
Markq

Nice 535iS Manual on TM

I used to own this car a few years back. I wouldnt pay that much for it. Was handy having leather especially in the back seat:)

I used to own this car a few years back. I wouldnt pay that much for it. Was handy having leather especially in the back seat:)

So thats the old ride huh Aaron. Very nice. Price is a bit high, and he wants another $1500 for the 17"s

I cant see him selling it at that price to be honest.

Ive been watching e28's, e34's and e32's for a while now and although the 'is' has a premium its certainly not twice the price of a well sorted 540 (albeit auto)

I cant see him selling it at that price to be honest.

That's what I thought. Looks tidy but the KMs are too high for the price.

That is my old car that was damaged. I bought that off Aaron. The guy selling it got it off me for around $3200, he hasn't done many k's in it since I sold it to him.

I paid 6 for it off Aaron and that was a god price at the time. I believe it would be worth about the same still. The only reason I sold it as I got a great deal out of the insurance Co, and it coincided with me getting a Company Car.

It was the best I have driven, very tight and well serviced.

Good luck to him, Kiwi535, this could be a good litmus test for you.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by bezzal

Mine was the same spec (with 180K and a rebuilt gearbox), The best offer I got from TradeMe was just over $4K, and it sat there for around 8 months. It eventually sold for $7K with the 17 inch RD rims through a private side sale.

Considering that there was a red one sitting in a dealer in Paraparaumu with less kms and for the same price the guy is dreaming.

a freind of mine owns it , nice car very tidy , k's are high , but not high for a e34 535i .(my e28 m535i 498,000km)

he has done some suspension work to it , incl adjustable camber plates and bushes etc .

good luck to him .

yeah i was looking at this car when it was still damaged, took it for a test drive and it went very well, was very sloppy in supsension and steering though but i'd imagine thats sorted if he's done bushes etc. still think hes asking a few grand too much,would rather have brents old 535i hartge

Ha, I thought I recognised this car- he pipped me to it! lol Looks like a good job on the repair, but still too much- a white one went last year for $9k and it had done only 110km... even after the bushes work, still $2-3k too much...