Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Running Rich

Ok I know i have asked this question before but im gonna keep it nice and simple with the details this time..

When every I fill my tank full of gas the car runs really really rich and hunts for revs even under light throttle if the car is doing less than around 4500rpm. If you pull up to stop the car dies unless you keep your foot on the accelerator and keep it reeving frantically. I saw tonight that there is gas leaking in front of the rear right hand side wheel dont know where its comming from?

Please help guys i need to sort this problem out before i head to wellington miday tommorw

Cheers, Luke

Ok I know i have asked this question before but im gonna keep it nice and simple with the details this time..

When every I fill my tank full of gas the car runs really really rich and hunts for revs even under light throttle if the car is doing less than around 4500rpm. If you pull up to stop the car dies unless you keep your foot on the accelerator and keep it reeving frantically. I saw tonight that there is gas leaking in front of the rear right hand side wheel dont know where its comming from?

Please help guys i need to sort this problem out before i head to wellington miday tommorw

Cheers, Luke

I don't drive an e30, but I had a sorta similar problem and mine was the MAF.

Best of Luck.

Ian.

I don't drive an e30, but I had a sorta similar problem and mine was the MAF.

Best of Luck.

Ian.

Hey Ian yea my e30 has a m50 2.5L motor in it wat do u drive mate?

Whats the MAF? Ill probably be like "duh" when you tell me lol

Cheers mate.

ps. anything happening bimmer wise in welly tommorow?

Hey Ian yea my e30 has a m50 2.5L motor in it wat do u drive mate?

Whats the MAF? Ill probably be like "duh" when you tell me lol

Cheers mate.

ps. anything happening bimmer wise in welly tommorow?

I drive an e34 540i, Mass Air Flow meter. Unfortunately, i'm an Aucklander and can't wouldnt have a clue with your second question, haha.

Ian.

fuel spilling in front of right rear wheel...

check fuel level sender is sealing onto tank properly, should be a rubber o ring there.

check breather hoses etc for leaks.

check filler pipe and hoses for leaks.

as for the car running rich, I doubt it has anything to do with the tank being full or not. It's difficult to diagnose because it could be a number of things. get it on the lambda meter and tune your air fuel mixture, if you can't get it right doing that then something else is causing it to run rich, a miss? valve clearances? spark plugs? faulty injectors?

Oh yea ive replaced the air flow meter already no change

fuel spilling in front of right rear wheel...

check fuel level sender is sealing onto tank properly, should be a rubber o ring there.

check breather hoses etc for leaks.

check filler pipe and hoses for leaks.

as for the car running rich, I doubt it has anything to do with the tank being full or not. It's difficult to diagnose because it could be a number of things. get it on the lambda meter and tune your air fuel mixture, if you can't get it right doing that then something else is causing it to run rich, a miss? valve clearances? spark plugs? faulty injectors?

Yea but this overfueling problem only happens when i put a generouse amount of fuel in the tank =S I can see there is a slight leak of fuel where the filler hose goes into the tank will this cause the car to run bad?