Sign in to follow this  
jcerecke

New Member!

Hi all, just an introduction. My names Josh, I'm 20yo and from CHCH. About 4 months ago I bought my first car. Wanted something cool, so I got this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's done 96,000miles which if I remember correctly is about 160,000km. So far I've replaced the ignition system, and a couple of vacuum hoses. And I've put a new sound system in.

Next up is a small bit of rust around the lefthand taillights. Also thinking about getting rid of the lightwipers.

Anyway, thats me and my car.

Chur

Josh

Welcome :)!

Hope to see you around Chch.

debadge that ho

Yeah, thats really annoying me. Do you think there will be much of a difference in paint fade? Whats the best way of unsticking it? I was thinking heatgun.

Welcome mate, looks like a tidy wee ride you go there! Dont get rid of the headlight wipers they are cool :P

Welcome Josh, great to see another e30er.

Should be able to run a blade along behind the badge, but right behind the badge, not against the paint!

Or some teeth floss/fishing line, then use adhesive remover/cutting compound/goo gone to remove ahesive?

Edited by Quailboy

Welcome Nice BMW!, i reckon you should get rid of the light wipers....they look weird/out of place IMO

Welcome along mate! Nice tidy looking 320i... I remember seeing it on Trademe oh I don't know... about 4 months ago I guess!! :D

Definitely remove that M Badge, a can of adhesive/wax remover from Supercheap will do the trick, then slide some dental floss behind the badge to remove it.

Also, your fogs don't look like they're OEM.... can you flush mount them or find some genuine ones instead?

Also, your fogs don't look like they're OEM.... can you flush mount them or find some genuine ones instead?

Haha sounds like its bothering you quite a bit

Edit - I just scrolled up and had a look at the fogs, I do agree flush mounted ones will look so much better, but hey I cant judge I dont even have fog lights :mellow:

Edited by RJS

Haha sounds like its bothering you quite a bit

Edit - I just scrolled up and had a look at the fogs, I do agree flush mounted ones will look so much better, but hey I cant judge I dont even have fog lights :mellow:

Yeah I had thought about that, and that was the first thing my brother pointed out when he saw it. I haven't actually looked into it. Thats lower down the priority list I think. Btw, they're just driving lights, not fogs.

And when I was talking about debadging, I was meaning the ///M only.

yeah, I'll attack it this weekend... oh wait I'm going to the westcoast...next weekend! Or maybe I'll do it over there.

also to people in chch, wouldnt mind meeting up with some people for a beer/bbq before it gets too cold. I need all the friends I can get haha :P

haha who knows? I think I'm just going through a bit of a drought at the moment.

I mean I have plenty of friends, just not many I want to hang out with lol.

Sweet car mate. we need another chch bbq before winter sets in! welcome by the way