Sign in to follow this  
xtr041947

728i 2001 key replacement and configuration

Hi I have a 728i 2001 E38 two issues:

1. One of the keys does not work to lock and unlock the doors. I dont think it is working at all.

I have tried re-initialise it but that did do anything. Do I have to get this from the dealer, or can I go

aftermarket somewhere.

2. The key that does work is set to move the seats, mirror etc to a certain position, but it is tailored to the old owner, how can I change this to suit me?

Hi I have a 728i 2001 E38 two issues:

1. One of the keys does not work to lock and unlock the doors. I dont think it is working at all.

I have tried re-initialise it but that did do anything. Do I have to get this from the dealer, or can I go

aftermarket somewhere.

2. The key that does work is set to move the seats, mirror etc to a certain position, but it is tailored to the old owner, how can I change this to suit me?

(1) Quite often people dont get this right, and you need to do both keys at the same time, one after another. If the key is knackered, Dealer only, its micro chipped.

(2) Have you got an English Manual for the car ? Its all explained in there. Did you try setting your seat memory. Adjust your mirrors first, then seat position and save in position (1)