Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

1996 328i heater not working

hey guys. doing some work on one of the workmates cars. its a 1996 328i and the heater blows mildly warm on one side and no heat atall out of the other side. it has the fully automatic heater control with dual climate zones.

i have a sneaky suspition i know what is wrong but am not 100percent sure. where the heater pipes (3 of them) go through the firewall. 2 of them conect to what looks like a little regulator. it has a pipe in the bottom which gets hot. but the 2 pipes coming out of it are not very hot atall.

can anyone help?

cheers. oli

hey guys. doing some work on one of the workmates cars. its a 1996 328i and the heater blows mildly warm on one side and no heat atall out of the other side. it has the fully automatic heater control with dual climate zones.

i have a sneaky suspition i know what is wrong but am not 100percent sure. where the heater pipes (3 of them) go through the firewall. 2 of them conect to what looks like a little regulator. it has a pipe in the bottom which gets hot. but the 2 pipes coming out of it are not very hot atall.

can anyone help?

cheers. oli

Thats called a duo valve. Take it off and have alook inside the ports where the hoses go on. The diaphrams are probably collapsed. Replace if they are collapsed and you should be fine.

does this sound like a duo valve problem and are they comon to fail? i want to try and narow this down as much as i can before i start playing with stuff as i realy dont want to go on a wild goose chase