Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

cheapish 540i on TM

wonder what the check control says.....low coolant??Aslo due for oil service,but it looks in nice condition!

Edited by kiwi535

thats damn cheap, anyone in wellington able to check it out for me? seriously

The coolant level will probably be the heater pump leaking. I have had these symptoms in the past and Brent helped me with spares to diagnose the problem (thanks again Brent). A new heater pump from Team McMillans and it's never been back. Less than $50 to fix in that case.

is it quite alot of work getting to the heater pump? not too much dissasembly involved?

No, it's up against the firewall on the LHS, near the bonnet. Even me (who does no work on his car) managed to do it quickly and without problems.

ok cool, could be a cheap way for me to finally get into a 540, pretty low k's, almost seems to good to be true...i've heard bad things about the early model auto's in them.would be a good excuse to undertake a manual conversion if it poped though.followed by sports suspension and adjustable camber/caster plates

I'm sure someone in Wellington will have a look for you? I'd love to but I don't know sh!t.

I can look and tell you of any obvious faults and advise of general condition....yes?I wonder if i could take it to the grass ghymkhana on sunday <_<

I can look and tell you of any obvious faults and advise of general condition....yes?I wonder if i could take it to the grass ghymkhana on sunday <_<

haha would be a great test for the lsd.. i've already got someone lined up to inspect it for me but if they arent able to i'll let you know. thanks

haha would be a great test for the lsd.. i've already got someone lined up to inspect it for me but if they arent able to i'll let you know. thanks

the 535 has lsd...not actually that helpful on the grass..its either full on oversteer or if the back wheels hook up the fronts cant cope