Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

Another second!!!

Well they did it again, BMW second place in the Malaysian Grand Prix, Robert Kubica did a pretty good job to hold onto second, in saying that he did it with ease.

Heres hoping for consistancy from the team!!

Edited by Greg111

Yep, as James Allen said - Second fastest car there on the day. Starting now to show signs of being serious competition for the other two

Well they did it again, BMW second place in the Malaysian Grand Prix, Robert Kubica did a pretty good job to hold onto second, in saying that he did it with ease.

Heres hoping for consistancy from the team!!

Not as easily as Ferrari won it? :D

Well Kimi is just a natural, i am also supporting him all the way as well...go both BMW and Ferrari haha.

Well Kimi is just a natural, i am also supporting him all the way as well...go both BMW and Ferrari haha.

And maybe the distant Kiwi connection -Mclaren <_<

Yeah true, not a big fan of lewis though.

And BMW are in 2nd in the constructors, ahead of Ferrari. When did that last happen?

An interesting points situation after 2 rounds too.

Pos Driver Nationality Team Points

1 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 14

2 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Ferrari 11

3 Nick Heidfeld German BMW 11

4 Heikki Kovalainen Finnish McLaren-Mercedes 10

5 Robert Kubica Polish BMW 8

6 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Toyota 6

7 Fernando Alonso Spanish Renault 6

8 Jarno Trulli Italian Toyota 5

9 Kazuki Nakajima Japanese Williams-Toyota 3

10 Mark Webber Australian Red Bull-Renault 2

11 Sebastien Bourdais French STR-Ferrari 2

12 David Coulthard British Red Bull-Renault 0

13 Jenson Button British Honda 0

14 Nelsinho Piquet Brazilian Renault 0

15 Giancarlo Fisichella Italian Force India-Ferrari 0

16 Rubens Barrichello Brazilian Honda 0

17 Anthony Davidson British Super Aguri-Honda 0

18 Takuma Sato Japanese Super Aguri-Honda 0

19 Timo Glock German Toyota 0

20 Felipe Massa Brazilian Ferrari 0

21 Adrian Sutil German Force India-Ferrari 0

22 Sebastian Vettel German STR-Ferrari 0

It's gonna be a good year in F1, i'd love to see Kubica up there at the top.

Best thing about this is that there was some good racing all through the feild....and promises more for the rest of the season.What are the proposed aero changes for next year.

Yeah with traction control gone they are now driving the cars themselves, all i heard with the aero changes are that all the aerodynamic wings on the side pods etc are all going as of next year, only the front and rear wing will stay, no doubt we will hear more on that later in the year.

Yeah true, not a big fan of lewis though.

Gotta admire his ability though - bloody nearly took the title last year as a rookie

This year, it seems very much status quo. There are still two teams that are head and shoulders above the rest (Ferrari and McLaren), a team that is clearly the third best, and won't be challenged for that position (BMW Sauber), and then a bunch of teams that will fight for 4th - 8th'ish (Williams, Toyota, Red Bull Racing, Honda, Renault et al), and then the three teams who are just there to make up the numbers (Torro Rosso, The Indian team, and the Super Aguri Team).

I don't think that we can get too excited about BMW Sauber being ahead of Ferrari at this stage of the season, as the Australian Grand Prix, to me, is always a farce, and can in no way be viewed as a preview of to expect.

I will enjoy the first amongst Ferrari and McLaren though, and think that Hamilton and Raikkonen, especially will have a great battle all season.

I also think that the battle within BMW Sauber will be interesting as both Heidfeld and Kubica are very good drivers, with Kubica going on to be a great driver in the future (I think possibly a World Champion one day).

Anyway, these are my thoughts, and I'll probably be proved completely wrong as the year progresses, but hey, I've put my stake in the ground.

Cheers

Grant

again its early,but I think toyota will be closer to bmw this season ,Trulli was quick .This will make it interesting as any slip up by ferrari or maclaren may let bmw and maybe toyota through to take a place or two(as with LH pit stop)