Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Hub Adapters

I know this has been done to death but help would be appreciated.

Would it be possible/safe to get a hub adapter to covert 4x100 to 5x120...essentially being able to stick an E36 wheel onto an E30?

Would the wheel stick out too much even with a 14mm spacer?

And I know it will need certing and the rest of it.

Thanks

I have limited knowledge - but as far as i know they won't need certing if the hub adapters are glued to the hub because they are then classed as 'fixed' and form part of the hub, and yes you can change stud pattern, whether they do an adapter for 4x100 to 5x120 is another story. However i have been told in the past the adapters can be made to order in which case you'll be sweet! Best advice is to talk to a couple of mag shops and get their opinions.

Mag shops that I tried were useless,said it would be easier to try and buy new wheels from them...I'm sorry but we don't stock 17x8 RC's

Have rung a few engineering places and Brugar Enginnering seems to think that it may or may not work and would need the car etc to make something up.So will try take my mates E30 to them and see what they say.I'm thinking it may not work.

What area do you live in?? If it wgtn try dave hadley's which is who i use for everything concerning wheels/tyres etc. Or mag and turbo as a second opinion....

Making up acceptable (safe) adaptors wont be cheap and will give you more offset & geometry hassles. The adaptors need to bolt onto the hubs and studs need to be fitted for the wheels to be legal. Thats going to cost alot to get machined up X 4. And it all has to be hubcentric. I dont think 14mm thickness (even using steel) will be enough to do this. Have you thought of E36 front struts and 318TI rear axle flanges. In effect...a 5 lugg conversion.

Yeah thats what I was thinking...would have to be a big arse spacer right?

Yeah was thinking about that and was reading up on IPLEZR's thread and the stuff you and Will wrote up about it. Will definitly be looking into it!

do they even allow a cert for a 4 stud to 5 stud adapter ?

Took the car into Brugar yesterday and said that it wouldnt physically work because the stud holes would touch each other. There ya go.