Sign in to follow this  
bwh1

90 BMW e30 aerial

I've just taken out an old electric aerial and installed a second-hand sony electric aerial. For some reason it goes about a metre plus up which isn't ideal for the garage or trees. Any ideas for adjusting this? :)

Buy a new, shorter aerial? Or when its up you could kind of push it down to break it so it doesn't go up so far.

Could always pull it apart and shorten the plastic thing that pushes the aerial up :D

Could always pull it apart and shorten the plastic thing that pushes the aerial up :D

Can't, it will then unwind past end of cord on up stroke & not return. Short answer no - get a different aerial.

You could switch the battery feed to it to interupt supply at the desired height but would be a pain to do this every time

Solution

;)

or

An Alternative

Can't, it will then unwind past end of cord on up stroke & not return. Short answer no - get a different aerial.

You could switch the battery feed to it to interupt supply at the desired height but would be a pain to do this every time

Thanks for that. I'm thinking that pulling it apart and shorting the cord could be the go.

Thanks for the thought. I'm thinking that shortening the cord will be an absolute pain, but potentially the way to go.

Buy a new, shorter aerial? Or when its up you could kind of push it down to break it so it doesn't go up so far.

Thanks, kindof thought that it should have been a simple replacement since I took it out of another e30 which was stil runing the standard bmw audio equipment.

Gonna attempt getting at the cord and shortening that. thks for the thought.