Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

BMW to stop making V8 Diesels

Didn't know they made one. I thought all the Diesels were 6 cylinders now anyway.

Yep, X5's for one came with V8 diesel option

yeah the E38 had a 4l diesel too....

the V8 diesel in the 740 is absolutely unbeleivable..i think its well over 200 kw!

edit...no its not

The BMW 740d, in turn, develops maximum output of 190 kW or 258 bhp at 4,000 rpm and maximum torque of 600 Nm or 442 lb-ft between 1,900 and 2,500 rpm.

Edited by kiwi535

the V8 diesel in the 740 is absolutely unbeleivable..i think its well over 200 kw!

edit...no its not

The BMW 740d, in turn, develops maximum output of 190 kW or 258 bhp at 4,000 rpm and maximum torque of 600 Nm or 442 lb-ft between 1,900 and 2,500 rpm.

however thats still pretty good!

yeah the E38 had a 4l diesel too....

I want your E30 for free Zeitgeist in your sig. Please PM me for delivery details... Jokes.... Have seen that movie Zeitgeist and there's some pretty controversial stuff in there!

The new X5's not sure if they are released yet in NZ, but the new ones have a 286hp (213.27kw!!!) 560nm torque inline 6 twin turbo (small turbo for otherwise lag RPM's and one big bastard when the engine has reached a decent RPM to push it even further) diesel engine. Those figures aren't at all bad for a twin turbo 6 cyclinder petrol let alone a oil burner!

Imagine if they put that engine into the 1,3,5 series sedans which I think they are... Imagine 213kw let alone 560nm of torque on a 1 series!!! You'd twist the chassis lol!

Edited by Deeveus525i

I want your E30 for free Zeitgeist in your sig. Please PM me for delivery details... Jokes.... Have seen that movie Zeitgeist and there's some pretty controversial stuff in there!

The new X5's not sure if they are released yet in NZ, but the new ones have a 286hp (213.27kw!!!) 560nm torque inline 6 twin turbo (small turbo for otherwise lag RPM's and one big bastard when the engine has reached a decent RPM to push it even further) diesel engine. Those figures aren't at all bad for a twin turbo 6 cyclinder petrol let alone a oil burner!

Imagine if they put that engine into the 1,3,5 series sedans which I think they are... Imagine 213kw let alone 560nm of torque on a 1 series!!! You'd twist the chassis lol!

sounds like the engine in the 535d..still a 3 litre but twin turboed...a lot of the UK guys chip them and apparently the low end performance is amazing ..I think we have started to get them here.

Yeh would love a 335d. Are the 135's coming out in diesel or just petrol?

both,but 116 118 118d 120 120 d 0nly it seems