Sign in to follow this  
madracer

e39 540 exhaust

i was standing on the side of tai tapu rd closing a gate and heard a amg mercedes v8 passing another car and i sounded amazing, the way a v8 should sound.

what is there that i can do to make my exhaust sound better, i have been told that my car has 7 mufflers.

something that is very close to factory or factory aftermarket, (m or schnitz?). and doesnt void the aa warranty??

is this too much to ask?

i have a 1998 e39 540i

i was standing on the side of tai tapu rd closing a gate and heard a amg mercedes v8 passing another car and i sounded amazing, the way a v8 should sound.

what is there that i can do to make my exhaust sound better, i have been told that my car has 7 mufflers.

something that is very close to factory or factory aftermarket, (m or schnitz?). and doesnt void the aa warranty??

is this too much to ask?

i have a 1998 e39 540i

remus remus remus exhaust

is this too much to ask?

i have a 1998 e39 540i

You may not have noticed it properly enough, but your exhaust DOES sound better than other V8s <_<

The V8 burble exists but is understated, in a similar manner to the rest of the car.

You have 300 HP at your toetips, ready to be unleashed, but the BMW doesn't made a loud noise (pun intended) of the fact that it is a high tech, efficient, modern V8

So it already is much better than the other cars.

I know, I had an E39 V8 :-)

PS: if you do any changes, remember that the car currently has a high quality stainless steel exhaust that will last forever. Don't muck it up with cheap alternatives. If you fit anything else, make sure it comes from a reputable source that knows that the changes won't affect the enigine management system by altering exhaust pressures and gas flow. Never remove the catalytic converters, or their oxygen sensors, you'll totally stuff up the engine management if you do.

PPS: to properly compare with an AMG, you need to use the M5 for comparision.