Sign in to follow this  
Mark

ACS Front Lip found!

Because I spend a lot (A LOT) of time on Bimmersport I am now trained to spot a BMW from 50 paces. This came in handy as I was walking to work this morning when out of the corner of my eye I spied the familiar headlights of an E36. As I got closer I thought to myself "standard car, amber lights, nothing special" until I turned my attention to the front bumper and BAM I almost fell over in shock.

This utterly standard 320i sedan had but one modification: A genuine AC Schnitzer front lip made for non-M bumpers!

Not only are these rare as rocking horse ablutions (the one place in the States that sells them charges about NZ$420 before shipping) but I have just secured the matching ACS rear diffuser from Yuen, so this would make my car complete!

So, the stalking begins! I have purchased a large amount of non-perishable food items, a tarpaulin for rain protection and a pair of night-vision binoculars, and I am prepared to wait until the owner returns to their car where I will burst out of the shadows and offer them a reasonable sum of money for a piece of their bumper.

Wish me luck. Preliminary surveillance pics below.

post-2031-1207253617_thumb.jpg post-2031-1207253622_thumb.jpg post-2031-1207253627_thumb.jpg

I no how you feel fella, they are very rare parts indeed. Fingers crossed you get it as it will really set off your car!

My story goes as follows......While having a yarn with Pete from eurowreck one day I noticed stuffed in the corner a rather dirty e30 parked in the corner (had just came off the boat from the UK) Upon further examination i realized it had a mint condition ACS front bumper, need less to say i thru my wallet at Pete ($120 from memory hehe) and walked out an extremely happy man!

Hahaha, even got the pics Mark... If I was the owner I'd think you were coming back to get it... for free :P Good luck on acquiring it, but I think that ACS bumper cover is glued to the stock front bumper. So the owner may be reluctant to peel it off for you as it may damage their stock bumper. I think you will have better luck doing a straight swap with one that's Boston Green.

Riley your ACS bumper looks absolutely fantastic... definitely better than modding the E36 lip to fit!

Good luck on acquiring it, but I think that ACS bumper cover is glued to the stock front bumper. So the owner may be reluctant to peel it off for you as it may damage their stock bumper.

Yeah, was just looking at the pics again and it looks to be glued on and then the whole bumper has been painted. Rats!

Back to the drawing board I guess, but I might leave a note under their wiper just in case.

So, the stalking begins! I have purchased a large amount of non-perishable food items, a tarpaulin for rain protection and a pair of night-vision binoculars, and I am prepared to wait until the owner returns to their car where I will burst out of the shadows and offer them a reasonable sum of money for a piece of their bumper.

Haha, love the commitment!

our kits look very similar to these ;)

Cheers, unfortunately I am a brand whore. :D

EDIT: Saw the car again this morning.... didn't have a pen to write the owner a note though! Dammit!

Edited by gannetboy

TRUE stalkers would have an A4 pad and a box of pens in their glovebox along with all the other associated necessary optical aids :P

Hahaha, even got the pics Mark... If I was the owner I'd think you were coming back to get it... for free :P Good luck on acquiring it, but I think that ACS bumper cover is glued to the stock front bumper. So the owner may be reluctant to peel it off for you as it may damage their stock bumper. I think you will have better luck doing a straight swap with one that's Boston Green.

Riley your ACS bumper looks absolutely fantastic... definitely better than modding the E36 lip to fit!

NEVER FEAR! Matt is here!!!

i have a stock bumper in my back yard.. same colour... in chch...

and the best part, if u want to make an exchange, i can give it to you FREE!

B)

PM me if you want it... :D

NEVER FEAR! Matt is here!!!

i have a stock bumper in my back yard.. same colour... in chch...

and the best part, if u want to make an exchange, i can give it to you FREE!

B)

PM me if you want it... :D

Cheers mate, I'll keep that in mind!