Sign in to follow this  
keegan13

E36 SPEAKERS IN KICK PANEL

Hi guys,

Just currently finishing purchasing my car audio for my 97 e36 316i sedan and am wanting to know what component speakers will ACTUALLY FIT in the kick panels in the front of my car.

Im particularly worried about the mounting depth.And i think i read on a post that 5.25 inch fit perfectly so am wanting to know about components that are priced $200-$300, that go loud and clear and that are a good quality brand.

I was looking at the Rockford Fosgate P162S components priced at 260.00 but now do not seem to be on the parallel imported website now.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam.

Edited by 2DAMFLY

Hi Adam,

What speakers did you end up getting for youe E36?

I recently bust my rear speakers, replaced with some 4" SONY and was discusted with the sound.

So what do you have in the rear, and also whats in place of the kick panels?

Cheers, Josh.

Hi guys,

Just currently finishing purchasing my car audio for my 97 e36 316i sedan and am wanting to know what component speakers will ACTUALLY FIT in the kick panels in the front of my car.

Im particularly worried about the mounting depth.And i think i read on a post that 5.25 inch fit perfectly so am wanting to know about components that are priced $200-$300, that go loud and clear and that are a good quality brand.

I was looking at the Rockford Fosgate P162S components priced at 260.00 but now do not seem to be on the parallel imported website now.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam.

Go and get some Alpine DD Drive speakers. They were $700+ and I picked them up for about $370ish.

I think Yuen might have some Focals for sale too.

Ask him nicely. :)

Jump on here: http://forums.nzicemag.co.nz

Always find schweet deals on components. Theres a set of 5.25" tarantulas going for $200, which i can stand by. Very bright tweeter, but thats easily fixed. They also go reeealy loud.

Otherwise, make up some spacers and grab a set of the 6.5" DD components.. only $180 brand new which is dirt cheap

Jump on here: http://forums.nzicemag.co.nz

Always find schweet deals on components. Theres a set of 5.25" tarantulas going for $200, which i can stand by. Very bright tweeter, but thats easily fixed. They also go reeealy loud.

Otherwise, make up some spacers and grab a set of the 6.5" DD components.. only $180 brand new which is dirt cheap

those DD's at $180 is the best deal your going to come across. they are $300RRP and a very good speakers

just to update that , i put in 6.5 soundstream speakers in kick panels did need a little bit of work to get in and smoothed the back of the kick panel covers to stop anything touching sound nice pity there way down in the kick panels

they retail like 190-200?

i paid 80 lol

just to update that , i put in 6.5 soundstream speakers in kick panels did need a little bit of work to get in and smoothed the back of the kick panel covers to stop anything touching sound nice pity there way down in the kick panels

they retail like 190-200?

i paid 80 lol

Funny you should say pitty there in the kick panel. Doing speakers in the Kick panels usually nets you alot better stereo sound and image height, Speakers also generally require less EQ or electronic manipulation.

Speakers in the kick panel have to be done right. If done right, they can be amazing.. and SQ competition results show this. If wrong...

The P162S are not 5.25 inches. The P152S are. They're good speakers (I own a pair infact), but there's a big frequency gap between what they play and sub bass that you might hear/care about. You'll get that with any speaker less than 6 inches (or is it less than 6.5?).

DD has a lot of fanboys and do make good quality (and bloody loud) gear. They're not for everybody though, so I'd give them a listen before you buy them.

Do you have any other speakers in mind?

I suggest making spacers and fitting 6.5 inch speakers.

i didnt use packers because i wanted to keep factory panels i used the soundstream Tarantula Series SST 6.5" 2 way speakers as they offer a quote -component sound but not component size speaker ,they sound mint and would highly recommend the produce good bass and sound nice

http://www.soundstream.co.nz/prod_spkr.html