Sign in to follow this  
Rennegade

BBS RS 16x8 and 16x9.5 (Round 2)

Hey,

They are 4x100/114.3, they have a very aggressive fitment ET22 at the front while ET8 rears. The fronts are 16x8 while the rears are 16x9.5 (3.5 inch lip). They were have been painted and are in mint condition except for one of the centercaps has slightly faded and one or two paint chips.. Look much much better in person!

Cheers Luke

Have any questions text me at 0211036873, dont call will be uni all day today.

I am wanting at least $2500

Will also consider 15x7 BBS basketweaves + cash

Also will be selling some TSW Kayalami's 17x7 that are currently on my e30

Front: ET22

Rear: ET8

post-2262-1207769400_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1207769410_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1207769419_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rennegade

Those are f@#king hot mate, if only they were 5x120 and 17" I'd have them on my M3 in a flash. That's a f@#king good score for an E30 though and worth every penny. BBS RS and LMs would have to be the hottest rims for the good old E30 I reckon

O to be rich! Dreams are free i guess.

What was the final word on whether they will fit an e30 or not?

Spacer? Cert?

Of course they fit an e30, they will most likely need a spacer on the rear however. And for any spacers you do need a cert in NZ, although its not at all hard to switch wheels when taking it for a WOF.

Still broke..Bugger bugger bugger….. I have a tidy set of Basket weaves too.

A few more weeks.. Might have to have a word with my accountant and see if there is any way theses could be classified s a business expense :P

I think you better, they would complete your touring!

Of course they fit an e30, they will most likely need a spacer on the rear however. And for any spacers you do need a cert in NZ, although its not at all hard to switch wheels when taking it for a WOF.

Of course you wouldnt be condoning the removal of illegal (and potentially dangerous) items solely to replace them again once you'd got your WOF now would you.

Of course you wouldnt be condoning the removal of illegal (and potentially dangerous) items solely to replace them again once you'd got your WOF now would you.

Nope just suggesting it, just because you dont have a cert doesnt mean its unsafe.

Yeap i agree alot of things are illegal-but for a reason ;)

Yeap i agree alot of things are illegal-but for a reason ;)

True, not saying it isnt just saying thats what I would do. Its irelevent so back to offers/questions etc

aaaaaaaaaaanyway, let the man sell the nice rims ok kiddies?

Main issue I have with putting them on without a cert would be that there is no insurance as the vehicle is not road legal. Insurance still covers you (most of the time) when you are speeding, but wont if the vehicle is not road legal.

Is it 100% certain that a cert is required with a spacer to fit these rims onto an E30?

I am keen for the rims and think they would look awesome on my car, I just need to be sure of what costs I am getting in for and then justify it to myself.

Main issue I have with putting them on without a cert would be that there is no insurance as the vehicle is not road legal. Insurance still covers you (most of the time) when you are speeding, but wont if the vehicle is not road legal.

Is it 100% certain that a cert is required with a spacer to fit these rims onto an E30?

I am keen for the rims and think they would look awesome on my car, I just need to be sure of what costs I am getting in for and then justify it to myself.

Yes it is 100% certain that you need a cert for all spacers.

Do you have spacers?

Ring up a wheel place and find out prices for spacers and then VTNZ and find out how much a cert is

No I dont but there not hard to find?

They vary in quality too.

I know a guy who just bought a Porsche Cayman S, complete with 5mm spacers from the dealer. It was un upgrade option. I assume it is these:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...;hideintro=true

Makes you wonder just how illegal they can be...

... although its pretty clear from the WOF rules. This is from the threshold guide, you would be ok as long as:

WHEELS ARE:

- reputable brand

- manufacturer of wheels would consider appropriate fitment

- not modified

- no spacers or adapters

TYRES ARE:

- not greater than 5% change in diameter to stock

- are appropriate compared to rim width

- dont have tread sticking out past the arch

ie, spacers are bad.

Edited by CamB

They vary in quality too.

I know a guy who just bought a Porsche Cayman S, complete with 5mm spacers from the dealer. It was un upgrade option. I assume it is these:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...;hideintro=true

Makes you wonder just how illegal they can be...

... although its pretty clear from the WOF rules. This is from the threshold guide, you would be ok as long as:

ie, spacers are bad.

Think you may be confused, spacers are not illegal it is just illegal to be running them without a cert.

Think you may be confused, spacers are not illegal it is just illegal to be running them without a cert.

FFS - ok spacers are legal, with a cert, as long as they are ok with the cert guy. Cert is +/- $400, and the guy will look over the whole car and any other modifications will need to be up to scratch. Requirements for LVVTA are on page 16/17 here:

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/Wheels&Tyres.pdf

And you will note they are onerous, in particular the part about needing to locate the wheel on the hub spigot, and not using the studs (ie, what 99% of people with spacers do, including me).

Spacers without a cert are not legal, unless (apparently) you are a Porsche driver.

Edited by CamB

Yes it is 100% certain that you need a cert for all spacers.

No need to get all shirty with the poor guy that's just trying to sell his rims....

I think you're fine provided the spacers are attached to the wheels ( ie. 3 grub screws that go through the spacers and into the rims ) that way they are part of the wheel.

This is what I've done with my 5mm spacers for the fronts and my 15mm for the rear.

There are alot of cars that come with spacers from the factory. Some of the new porsches come with spacers from the factory.

{edit- poor spelling :P }

Edited by Hi-Tek

Offer made. Don`t take to long to make up your mind.

regards Ray

0212HELLBM

if you really want to get your moneys worth man just them on trademe. heaps of guys with vw's etc will be after these.