Sign in to follow this  
jjs

E36 M3 Evo NZ New $17k

How much would a manual conversion on this cost? I'm guessing you need an M3 box...

Could be a steal at $17k Trademe

FAB BMW dismantlers in the UK convert E46 M3 SMG boxes to manual.They convert and sell with engine packages etc, E36 prob diff.

Just more useless info.

i have a gear box for this..just needs other manual bits!

the smg gearbox is the same as the manual one, all of the hydraulic bits are just bolted on.So you will need a gearlever,obviously a pedal box too, not sure how the engine computer will respond to having the trans. disconnected, possibly can get around that though. I would give it a go, worst case scenario is that the fault is in the gearbox causing it to jump out of gear.

Edited by conrod

the smg gearbox is the same as the manual one, all of the hydraulic bits are just bolted on.So you will need a gearlever,obviously a pedal box too, not sure how the engine computer will respond to having the trans. disconnected, possibly can get around that though. I would give it a go, worst case scenario is that the fault is in the gearbox causing it to jump out of gear.

So if the computer calls foul it could just be Link swap and you're away. Still sounds like a pretty decent buy to me.