Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

M3 Portfolio

Hey Guys, just got a late birthday present the other day, The Ultimate M3 Portfolio book, it ranges from the 86 E30 to the 06/07 E46, it's an awsome read heaps of stuff i had no clue exsisted in the cars, facts, statistics etc etc, also there are so many different versions of the E36 M3, the GT, GTR, CL, Lightwieght - that was the name of it, the M3 light-weight. An intersting fact i read also is the 286hp E36 M3 has the same torque output idling that the E30 M3 has at its peak.

Another thing the US spec was only 240hp with the 330i motor in it????

Anyway if you get a chance to read i would recommend :)

Nice Greg, I haven't seen that one around. I also got a BMW book for my birthday 2 years ago, it's called "BMW" published by Konemann. It's pretty big, I've yet to finish it. Talks about the history of BMW from conception to the E63 6 series.

E36 M3 Lightweight (aka LTW) is a US only car stripped down and has M3 GT bits, but still has the US E36 M3 engine. From what I understand the US E36 M3 engines were just stroked versions of the M52. E46 330i engine is M54. There was also a M3-R in Australia.