Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

WTB: E30 Rear Axle

Need a complete axle that goes between the diff and the hub. Including the CV joints on both ends.

Cheers, Luke

Need a complete axle that goes between the diff and the hub. Including the CV joints on both ends.

Cheers, Luke

ABS ?...Non ABS ?...... 325 motorsports have the bigger joints too

Try Ray @ HELLBM

Non ABS 318i Chasis. Is there something stronger i can use? Don't think my CV's are enjoying the torquey M50 in there this is the 2nd CV in two days...

Non ABS 318i Chasis. Is there something stronger i can use? Don't think my CV's are enjoying the torquey M50 in there this is the 2nd CV in two days...

Get the 325 Motorsport ABS axles. The axles are heavier and have bigger lobro (CV) joints

PS. I hope you have a medium case diff. Otherwise that wont work. You would need a medium case diff as well.

Edited by botanymotorworx

Thanks Glenn how do I know if the Diff is a medium cased diff? Found a Inner CVJ btw thanks for the help.

Luke

Small case diff is smaller and has 4 bolts on the side bearing carriers ( where the axle seals are ). Medium case has 6. Small case axles are lighter, longer and have smaller joints than medium case axles. The 325 MS axles are the best to use because they are heavier axles and have bigger joints. Thats what I've used in the 318TI. To take the HP of the the 2.8 Litre. I fitted medium case & 325 MS ABS axles courtesy of Ray @ HELLBM

Cheers

Glenn

BTW...What ratio are you running ?? and what manual gearbox are you using ??

Edited by botanymotorworx

Small case diff is smaller and has 4 bolts on the side bearing carriers ( where the axle seals are ). Medium case has 6. Small case axles are lighter, longer and have smaller joints than medium case axles. The 325 MS axles are the best to use because they are heavier axles and have bigger joints. Thats what I've used in the 318TI. To take the HP of the the 2.8 Litre. I fitted medium case & 325 MS ABS axles courtesy of Ray @ HELLBM

Cheers

Glenn

BTW...What ratio are you running ?? and what manual gearbox are you using ??

Ahh I see! That would mean im running a medium cased diff then :D it has 6 bolts on the side bearing carriers. Wicked im going to try and find some 325 MS axles then thanks heaps Glenn!

hmm im not sure of my ratios I just got a diff off blair out of his pre-facelift e30, it does about 3000rpm at 100km. My locked diff is my original 318i diff which does about 3800rpm at 100km!!!

I am running the ZF 5 Speed gearbox which came with the E36 M50 motor

Cheers, Luke

Ahh I see! That would mean im running a medium cased diff then :D it has 6 bolts on the side bearing carriers. Wicked im going to try and find some 325 MS axles then thanks heaps Glenn!

hmm im not sure of my ratios I just got a diff off blair out of his pre-facelift e30, it does about 3000rpm at 100km. My locked diff is my original 318i diff which does about 3800rpm at 100km!!!

I am running the ZF 5 Speed gearbox which came with the E36 M50 motor

Cheers, Luke

i got a complete rear end. hubs diff crossmember and trailing arms you can have if you want it

Haha really? What are the axles and CV's? Just off a 320i 318i? I could probably do with a few spare CV Joints haha