Sign in to follow this  
allan

Well I never

With all the talk about people texting and using a cellphone while behind the wheel I had to have a chuckle.

On two separate incidents now have watched police officer's yakking on a cellphone while driving a police vehicle. One was at an intersection attempting to do a left hand turn, right shoulder was at a real funny angle. The other leaving a supermarket car park already talking on this cell. If these figures of society are doing this and not setting an example what chance is their of any thing ever changing. In both cases they had hand held phones.

What is your opinion on this matter.

Should take a PXT phone out and snap them while driving and see what they say :D

If it's still legal I suppose I can't blame them much as I'd like to say they aren't setting a good example.

I work for Telecom. You are not allowed to talk on a handheld phone and drive. If you are driving a Telecom car and have an accident while using a handhelp cell phone you may well loose your job.

They are a mobile phone provider and they back banning all driver use of hand help phones in a car while driving.

I have to agree.

If it's still legal I suppose I can't blame them much as I'd like to say they aren't setting a good example.

I agree with you. Not illegal doesn't make it "right" and being police officers should have set a better example for us to follow. (Like the 2-second rule thing that we seen some time ago)

I am all for banning "hands-on" use of mobile phone while driving. It should make hands-free kit compulsory if one need to use a cellphone in a car. TXTing while driving should be shot dead whether you can touch type or not.

Also, while on driving distraction. They should also ban cyclist, bikers and drivers from wearing headphones (Seen it many times but don't know why. Maybe because their stereo is broken?)

what, you expect police to actually follow the rules they try and enforce?

what, you expect police to actually follow the rules they try and enforce?

I would and they should. However it doesn't mean they can.

Off topic but when driving back from whitianga i had a cop smoking while passing me. Are they allowed to smoke on the job? i would say aunty helen would have something to say.

Off topic but when driving back from whitianga i had a cop smoking while passing me. Are they allowed to smoke on the job? i would say aunty helen would have something to say.

Can't smoke in the workplace, I beleive a company car is a workplace?

I saw a good one today Allan.

Driving down Tamaki Drive, I passed a driving school car. The instructor who was driving, was busily texting away.

"For everything else, there's Visa"

With all the talk about people texting and using a cellphone while behind the wheel I had to have a chuckle.

On two separate incidents now have watched police officer's yakking on a cellphone while driving a police vehicle. One was at an intersection attempting to do a left hand turn, right shoulder was at a real funny angle. The other leaving a supermarket car park already talking on this cell. If these figures of society are doing this and not setting an example what chance is their of any thing ever changing. In both cases they had hand held phones.

What is your opinion on this matter.

slightly off topic,a few weeks ago i was driving threw lynfield-greenbay.a school girl im guessing sixth form, walked straight out of a shop texting and straight across the road without even looking up,thankfully she wasnt hit.i was three or four cars back but i still gave the abs in my xr6 ute a good test.i'd say if i was in my e30 i would have not pulled up as quick