Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

MY STEREO EXPERIENCES!

Hey guys,

Thought i might do a bit of bed time story telling...

When i had my E36 coupe i had a pioneer 6000series head unit, 2x6"infinity components in the front running along sie the standard bmw in-door speakers, 2x4.5" earthquake 2way rear speakers mounted in the original bmw bass reflex boxes, 2xAlpine TypeR 12"subs each with alpine V12 monoblock amps, all internal speakers for aso amped off a lazar 4 channel amp, capacitor and with all new wiring right through to get a bit more power to the speakers. It bloody cranked but ive since sold the car without all the sound gear and have fitted most of it into my S15 Silvia and was pissed off with the sound i got. especially with having infinity gear in the front which is so called the best for clear sound. I did away with the pioneer head deck just recently (cost me $650) when i brought it and actually put the nakamuchi md/aux head unit back in. Its got 3 sets of pre outs and a nice simple bass/mid/treb control to cut out all the un-needed sh*t. It straight away sounded like 100% better but im still not satisfied. This is due to the fact that my work car (new shape toyota corolla) seems to satisfy me more with its two front speakers running with door mounted tweeters... it sounds clear and complete.

Ive also finally found myself a e30 project after long hunting around and i found it down in christchurch where ive been working for the past 2 weeks. the rear speakers when i brought it were absolutely shot and the fronts didnt even work at all. the head unit was an old philips tape deck etc and i cant have no stereo for my trip back to auckland so i went down to repco and brought the cheapest sony cd player with an aux in for my ipod ($153) and then the guy there had a look for me to find some cheap 6"'s for the rear but seen as theyre an old size the only thing he could really find were a set of 6.5" 3-way 360W 'PYLE' branded speakers. they werent on the shelf so he pulled them from out back and i tried one in the rear parcel tray and it fitted in nicely. So i brought a set of them for $26!!!!to get me back to auckland and id put some of my left over E36 sounds in it for better sound.. I got home and installed them and the next night went back down to repco and brought another 3 boxes of them. put another set in the front of it and another 2 sets to take back to auckland for the silvia... for $26 they impressed me so much that im taking the infinity and earthquake speakers out and even the alpine rear sub gear and am just going to have $50 worth of speakers running in it. Imagine how good they will sound if i amp them!

maybe my ears are playing tricks on me.. i dont know but i showed the guys at work this evening and they were all blowen away aswell, one of them is even getting one set for his girlfriends car.

Theres a bit of a story there but its sort of shocked me a bit much to not mention on here for people looking at investing in sounds.....

TWENTY SIX BUCKS!!!!!! crazy...