Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly

e34 lowering helllp

hey guys i just lowerd my e34 525 last weekend with a good set of lowering springs.

the front went down by about 45/50mm where as the back hardly went down at all?????

is this a common thing? ive read somwhere that if the back is lowerd too much it will throw out the camber??

does anyone have a cheap pair of rear springs that go low as or can i use some coil overs for the rears??? where can i buy them im based in wellington.

if you lower the rear suspensin goes progressivelly morecamber,ie the bottom of the wheels goes outwards and you start wearng the inside edges more.Just leave it for a bit,it may settle down some yet.Not sure about coilovers,but somebody was going to get some in search the forum.

a mate told me i should leave it as it may settle down it just looks shat lol i have a few mates back in the uk i might ask about some coilovers might do a bulk buy if anyone is interested in buying a set for a e34 only

It took mine AAAAGES to settle down, a good couple of months. It was so heinous I parked the car up and drove another one. I don't like the big fat aunty in the front seat island Bongo Van look. Decided to take them out a couple of months later, had a game of musical cars in the workshop and had a look at it on the flat and they had finally dropped. All in good time Butterfly. Good things come to those who wait. How long have you had them in for? You could try filling the boot up with bricks or putting your big fat aunty in the boot to bring the back down??

haha i was thinking of pouring concrete in the boot.

they been in now for three or four weeks i was thinking of getting a spare set of rear shocks and getting a set of springs commpressed or maybe having shortend shocks made up having the springs commpressed more but not sure if thats the thing to do?? guess il wait for a bit like u say they might settle.

also im running some sh*t as rims 15ich haha need a nice clean set of 17s if any one has a cheap set kicking around tyres or no tyres.

i had anfd put jamex in my e34 535i's that i had , but had the bilstein shocks ringed so that the spring could sit lower , but yes , chewed out my rear tires on the inside .

some pics of my old cars

post-279-1209209706_thumb.jpg

post-279-1209209815_thumb.jpg

post-279-1209209952_thumb.jpg

post-279-1209210161_thumb.jpg

i had anfd put jamex in my e34 535i's that i had , but had the bilstein shocks ringed so that the spring could sit lower , but yes , chewed out my rear tires on the inside .

some pics of my old cars

thats what i want to do where did u get that done?

ur 535 looks mint at the back too what does ringed mean?

haha i was thinking of pouring concrete in the boot.

they been in now for three or four weeks i was thinking of getting a spare set of rear shocks and getting a set of springs commpressed or maybe having shortend shocks made up having the springs commpressed more but not sure if thats the thing to do?? guess il wait for a bit like u say they might settle.

also im running some sh*t as rims 15ich haha need a nice clean set of 17s if any one has a cheap set kicking around tyres or no tyres.

Posted Image

you can have these if you like,2 of the tyres may not get a warrant and the other two are pretty close.Rims have some curbage and one may have a little bend.Could prolly still get two good ones on the front...$500 for four,17x8 et 20,or make me an offer close to that

Edited by kiwi535

thats what i want to do where did u get that done?

ur 535 looks mint at the back too what does ringed mean?

race liegn(autoleign) in mt wellington . they put extra grove rings in the rear shocks so you can have the spring platform at different heights .