Sign in to follow this  
elmarco

Std E46 vs Motorsport

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the differences between a standard E46 coupe, and the Motorsport version? Is it just cosmetics like spoilers etc? More importantly, will the Motorsport wheels fit a standard E46? I ask as I know they use wider rear wheels.

Cheers,

Elmarco

Hi Elmarco, in general Motorsport versions are the same as non-M versions, except that they can have a M body kit, suspension, wheels, interior. Engine will be the same. Yes the Motorsport wheels will fit a standard E46.

Hi Elmarco, in general Motorsport versions are the same as non-M versions, except that they can have a M body kit, suspension, wheels, interior. Engine will be the same. Yes the Motorsport wheels will fit a standard E46.

Thanks Yuen.

Thats what I thought, but just wanted to check before I do anything rash.

Cheers,

ElMarco

it is sometime cheaper paying that extra money for the m-sport ... as it is expensive trying to do the body kit on an e46 afterwards.

your looking at about 2k per bumper shell + plus mounting hardware and 350 for the side skirts + paint and prep.

it is sometime cheaper paying that extra money for the m-sport ... as it is expensive trying to do the body kit on an e46 afterwards.

your looking at about 2k per bumper shell + plus mounting hardware and 350 for the side skirts + paint and prep.

Eeek! $2k per bumper! I was more concerned about the wheels initially.... Just wanted to make sure that they don't use different rear guards etc for the wider M-sport wheels.