Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

Vandals, now i need some new tyres, need advice

I recently had a puncture, and replaced all 4 tyres (which were due for a replacement soon anyway) with Falken FK452 225/40/18. These were $350 each, but Discount Tyres shop that I went to had 4 of them that had done 700km, so I got them for $200 each. Pretty sweet deal considering tires were as good as new:)

As for the d*ckhead who did that, he deserves to have those nails stuck up his ass.

Josh - what model BMW are they going onto? I presume it is not the 7 series in your profile pic.

Edit: ok blind guy here just read your ride section too. As you are on a budget I would run a 225/40/18 . 225/35/18's tend to be quite expensive. We have a number of tyres avaialable ranging from $149 each on the car through to $229 each for Eagle F1's. This includes all fitting and balancing. We are having great success with a tyre called Nexen. It is a Korean tyre but the quality is awesome - so much so that some of our customers are replacing their Eagle F1's with them! They are a silica based compound, are nice and quiet, seem to have a great amount of grip and they wear well!! Kind of ticks all the boxes and at $199 each you can't go wrong!

click the link below!!

http://www.nexentireusa.com/tire_detail.asp?pid=107

We are onto our 10th and 11th container loads at the moment - in the space of 1 year.

All prices are Bimmersport member prices by the way - cheers

Edited by zenetti

So last night on my way home, driving down Pioneer Hway for those of you who know, was pouring with rain, couldn't see a hell of alot.

Then bang, I hit something, didn't sound pretty at all, pulled over and I got out, had a look and there was a jandal of all things .. with over a dozen threaded roofing nails in it, then a second later a big Hilux goes past, and he gets taken out too. Obviously someone had spent a bit of time doing this, as I found another jandal a little bit further down the road, all with the nails pointing upwards.

Tyre is a complete write off, I figure its pointless buying one new tire as I am going to need all 4 done at some stage soon, so I have put the standard wheels back on for the time being.

I need some advice on what size tyre, curently it has 235/40/18, but they are too tall and initially I had to get the guards rolled becuase the rubbed pretty badly, I only use the car around town and on short stints to Wellington every now and again so I don't want to fork out alot per tyre, the Nankangs were good for what I was doing in the car.

Can any of the dealers or people in the know give me some advice and/or prices on some 225/35s or 235/35s or whatever you guys would recommend, the wheels are 18x8 inches.

Cheers guys.

Guest Simon*

I knew Palmy was the a**hole of the country but nail studded jandal traps? WTF is NZ coming to?

I blame the Commie Labour party!!

Sorry to hear about this Josh - good luck with the tyre hunt

yeah.. f**king homos.

Mate drove over a rusted spare tyre in the dark along hobsonville road. f**ked his tyre royally.. Not the kind of spare tyre to just fall off a car as well. Some twat had placed it on the road.

Id love to catch some idiots doing that..

"Oi what the f**k are you doing?"

" WOT G!?? WaNnA ScRaP"

-bang-

*wipe down gun, drive home and rejoice*

Then bang, I hit something, didn't sound pretty at all, pulled over and I got out, had a look and there was a jandal of all things .. with over a dozen threaded roofing nails in it, then a second later a big Hilux goes past, and he gets taken out too. Obviously someone had spent a bit of time doing this, as I found another jandal a little bit further down the road, all with the nails pointing upwards.

What kind of munted individual would go to that amount of effort to cause such a danger to traffic! Probably the same kind of sicko that goes out of their way to place sherds of glass on the try line of a school rugby field... (as has happened in NZ a number of years ago).

Good luck with the tyre hunt.

I don't suppose anyone has a 2nd hand 235/40/18 tyre lying around for cheap?

PM me.

oh man that reminds me of some awesome days with my jandals, some roofing nails and some sucka's driving past in there BMW's

damn good times.