Sign in to follow this  
cainchapman

The new toy arrives

Well, I got to drop off the Territory and grab the new VW. I'm very happy with it. It drives very well and doesn't sound like a tractor. It even has an umbrella in the door (like a Bentley). 3/4 of a tank to go and it tells me I have 800+km to go. I'd be more excited if I actually paid for the fuel. The DSG gearbox is great. Let's see if BMW can get their upcoming version to be anywhere near as good. The driver's cup holder isn't perfect though. I need to talk to VW and see which version of Telecom mobile phone will work with it and upgrade.

Sorry about the crappy photos, the light was fading fast after training last night. I'll try to get some better ones today.

post-326-1210016158_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210016255_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210016354_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210016443_thumb.jpg

It looks nice Cain - doesn't sound like a tractor is a plus :D An umbrella in a door? You mean an actually umbrella supplied by VW?

Very nice! bet it pulls quite well to

Very Nice Cain. My twin has been running one for about a year now and she loves it. Its a great car and she averages 900ks a tank. Only thing that annoys me is the handbrake button.

The Commie only has a year to go and this is on the top of the list as its replacement

Very nice Cain, a friend of my Mums just got one, they are very happy with it aswell.

1000km+ a tanks sounds excellent.

Here are some more. A sneaky shot of me doing 50kph down Tamaki Drive this morning. 2.2l/100km! In 4th with 2 gears to go.

Yes, the handbrake is a bit weird, but I am getting used to it. I hope to sit down and read the manual tonight. The DSG gearbox works the same way as SMG (v1), which is backwards.

Still trying to figure out the Hill start assist button though, don't really understand the difference between that and the hand-brake.

The Edge, why? Simon, at least it's not Classic Hits or BFM. Actually chosen as I can listen to it in all major cities as I travel around. I don't think I can do the same with Hauraki. I'll let you pick the radio station when I get to Napier. The choice of beer wasn't mine either. It is a thank you gift for the Stores guys for helping flake the firehose for the Skytower climb. Their request for a drink.

It is smart though, you can't drive off (with the handbrake on) if you aren't wearing your seatbelt. Which I thought was a good idea. Found that out trying to get it out of the showroom to go through some features and not gas the staff.

24 hours on, still liking it and not missing the Territory.

post-326-1210050134_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210050232_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210050374_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210050654_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210050811_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210050920_thumb.jpg

post-326-1210051039_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cain

Hey Cain. Nice ride, better bring it up north for a shake down.

Bruce

Hill start assist, same as in my truck I assume? I find it very handy at the lights etc, just put it in neutral and press the brake pedal to apply the handbrake, then put it back in gear and wait for the lights to go green. No handbrake to release. :D

It's finally happened, the fuel light came on. After 787km and tells me I have 90km to go. Pretty much all round town driving.

Nice wagon Cain.

I love the modern euro-diesels - so much grunt. No need to wring its neck, just ride the torque....