Sign in to follow this  
elmarco

Footastic

Who's the man? Why Dave Grohl's the man.... B)

Count for the night:

• · 4 beers
  • · 1 whisky (or was that 4 whisky’s and 1 beer?)
  • · 3 crowd surfers spotted
  • · 1 ambulance removal (no idea why)
  • · 1 busted guitar string
  • · 1 totally demolished guitar
  • · 1 nearly busted ankle (Dave Grohl)
  • · 2 stages (both ends of the arena)
  • · 2 ½ hours of solid rock and roll
  • · 1 voice lost
  • · 1 male stripper on stage wearing nothing but a smile (technically it was a thong, but a smile sounds better)

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being David Hasselhoff, 10 being Dave Grohl) the Foo Foghters get a solid 9.75 (0.25 points off for going so hard the night before that Dave Grohl's voice was nearly gone at the end). Still can't get over how he always looks like he is loving every second of it - unlike some other big name bands that I've seen recently...

Anyone else think it was a kick ass show?

I agree, the show was fantastic! I was luckily enough to go to the mondays gig. Ive been to a hell of a lot of concerts and that one rated as the best. Easily 10 in my books.

P.S Chuck Norris Is The Man!

Guest Simon*

I agree, the show was fantastic! I was luckily enough to go to the mondays gig. Ive been to a hell of a lot of concerts and that one rated as the best. Easily 10 in my books.

P.S Chuck Norris Is The Man!

My Boss went to the Akl show and was just raving about it - sounds awesome

and yeah, Chuck Norris is the Man

but don't ever Hassel the Hoff!!! B)

I went to Monday's show.

I have seen most of the major rock acts that have played here in the last 15 years, and the Foo Fighters was by far the best.

I have absolutely no negative comments on it at all, I think that if you wanted to plan the perfect concert than this should be the benchmark.

Cheers

Grant

I went to Monday's show.

I have seen most of the major rock acts that have played here in the last 15 years, and the Foo Fighters was by far the best.

I have absolutely no negative comments on it at all, I think that if you wanted to plan the perfect concert than this should be the benchmark.

Cheers

Grant

I agree - the only other concert I have enjoyed as much was the last Foo Fighters concert in the Supertop..... Dave Grohl was 15/10 that night - talented bastard!!

Remember there is no 'Ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Glad you guys had a good time, and that Vector's notorious sound system didn't play up.

I don't know what is going on at Vector - the Foo sounded awesome. Linkin Park also sounded good, and yet the Smashing Pumpkins sounded like the pain you feel after slamming your nads in a fridge door (don't try this at home)... Utter crap. I also heard that the Chilli Peppers were really off sound when they were here.

Maybe it has more to do with the roadies and their sound desk than the arena itself??

All adds to the polished performance that the Foo give every time I have seen them I guess. That was the last concert on the tour - they must have been absolutely buggered and still blew us out of the water. Respect.

I don't know what is going on at Vector - the Foo sounded awesome. Linkin Park also sounded good, and yet the Smashing Pumpkins sounded like the pain you feel after slamming your nads in a fridge door (don't try this at home)... Utter crap. I also heard that the Chilli Peppers were really off sound when they were here.

Maybe it has more to do with the roadies and their sound desk than the arena itself??

All adds to the polished performance that the Foo give every time I have seen them I guess. That was the last concert on the tour - they must have been absolutely buggered and still blew us out of the water. Respect.

The Smashing Pumpkins always sound like the pain you described (I think anyway - I can't stand them).

The Chili Peppers sound was either good or bad depending on where you were. I was in seats directly in front of the stage, about 3 rows from the front, and the spund was great. I had friends seated on the sides and the sound was crap there.

The Vector Arena seem to have it pretty well sorted now (but as you said, the sound technicians seem to play a big part and have worked it out). I went to Crowded House (to see Supergroove) and sat on the side, and the sound was pretty good then.

I'm pissed that I missed Linkin Park (moreso Chris Cornell), I was overseas at the time.

I'm too old for GA tickets now, and much prefer having seats (should I want to sit down). It also means I can arrive at the last minute and not end up in a crap viewing position. I only got to my seat 2 minutes before the Foo's started (damn beer queues!!)

Cheers

Grant

Grant

FUUUUCK YEA!!!

Monday night show was by far the best concert i have eva been 2.....

Ps. sorry to those tuesday night rockers, we who went on monday made Dave (The Man) play 3 more songs after the concert should have finished, therefore loosing his voice for the second night... but still, im sure, a f**ken mean show...

The Smashing Pumpkins always sound like the pain you described (I think anyway - I can't stand them).

The Chili Peppers sound was either good or bad depending on where you were. I was in seats directly in front of the stage, about 3 rows from the front, and the spund was great. I had friends seated on the sides and the sound was crap there.

The Vector Arena seem to have it pretty well sorted now (but as you said, the sound technicians seem to play a big part and have worked it out). I went to Crowded House (to see Supergroove) and sat on the side, and the sound was pretty good then.

I'm pissed that I missed Linkin Park (moreso Chris Cornell), I was overseas at the time.

I'm too old for GA tickets now, and much prefer having seats (should I want to sit down). It also means I can arrive at the last minute and not end up in a crap viewing position. I only got to my seat 2 minutes before the Foo's started (damn beer queues!!)

Cheers

Grant

Grant

Yeah - I can't call myself a pumpkins fan any more.... I felt like I had been aurally violated that night!

Chris Cornell was fantastic - he really put a good show on even though he wasn't the main gig. Played stuff from Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden and his own stuff from memory.

Totally agree about the seats - too old for the GA mosh pit myself. Is it not great actually being able to grab a couple of beers for the show. Finally we are in the new century!

Cheers

Grant

Grant

I arrived 2 minutes before the foos came on, pushed my way to the very front and scored their drum skin with the set list on it at the end

Buck Yea

Sweeeeet!!

Wonder who got the demolished guitar? Be an awesome souvenir to hang on the wall of the garage!!

I haven't been to a Foo's concert, but I've seen about 3 DVD's of theirs and the thing that impresses me is his intensity and 100% commitment to making as much noise as possible :)