Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

Tire Size difference

Im just wondering if having 195/60/r15 on the front and 195/55/r15 on the back will cause any problems with handling etc?

Can anyone recommend any semi decent tires to get, preferable 195/60/r15 seeing as thats whats on there at the moment, probably wont pass the wof. The ones on at the moment are Eagle NCT3s. Im probably looking at whatevers the best for around 100 dollars per tire.

Thanks

The stock tyre has a circumference of 1913.5mm. That is 195/65/14. The closest popular size in 15" will be 205/55/15 which should improve things.

Putting 195/55/15's on the rear will make your speedo over read by a bit. But the difference is negligible (3.2kph difference).

Tyre Size Calculator

oh ok, thanks for that, but will it make a huge difference having 195/60/r15 on the front and 205/55r15 on the back? because the front tires have HEAPS of tread left, and the rears are near bald... So i really only want to buy new backs

It would probably handle very "safe" with the better rubber on the rear, which is usually what is recommended for road use anyway.

There won't be a huge difference, but you might be able to get better exits when driving spiritedly.

If I were you, I'd put the 205/55/15 on the rear, and shift them to the front when the fronts wear and get some new 205's for the rear. Then you can probably end up with even wear 205's all round eventually :)