Sign in to follow this  
Jeddy

Domestic Freight: Who to use?

I need to send a rear skirt from Chch to Palmerston North and i'm having trouble with who to use and wondered if any one knew of a good company to do it.

The package is light but large so NZPost wont carry it and some wont let me do a one off post and want me to sign up. Any insight as to who to use?

If there's already a thread about this can someone point me in the right direction.

Have you tryed PBT couriers? I had a rear bumper sent from CHCH to AKL took about 5days From memory i was charged somewhere around $60 Also it arrived in perfect condition something i was very very worried about.

They may be worth a call.

Peter Baker Transport should be able to do it. Count yourself lucky that NZ Post wont carry it - those tards lost my brand new radiator a couple of weeks ago!

PBT will only carry it if you have an account and as i don't wont do it

Will keep calling places but lots wont do one off/cash jobs <_<

Tryed Mainfreight?

Sent them a online quote request but haven't got back to me yet. Haven't got any scales tho so not to sure how much it weights.

Have you tried Conroy Furniture movers? I used them recently for moving some desks from Akl to Chc and they were user friendly. If you do a depot to depot service, will be the cheapest. I paid by giving credit card details over the phone.

I've used Courier Connect (www.courierconnect.co.nz) to send a rear diffuser from Auckland to Christchurch. No problems, got there very quickly. Free pickup from your place, reasonable rates (they do online quotes). In my case a Post Haste guy picked it up - I guess they subcontract it.

When I was looking at my options I checked Mainfreight as well, it was a lot higher, from memory two to three times.

The guy whose buying it managed to sort it out so i don't have to worry about it.

Thanks to all, will certainly be sending more stuff in future and will be a good reference to know whose best.

Edited by jeddy

Go to your Trademe home page, scroll to the bottom and click on "postage Centre" There is a list of companies there who will handle all your needs. Obviously with Tm taking off there is a demand for this service nowdays. I've used Move it, found them very good.

Sent them a online quote request but haven't got back to me yet. Haven't got any scales tho so not to sure how much it weights.

And I was the one who built part of their online quote request system... seriously :) But give them a call I'm sure they'll do a good job. Not sure about the pricing tho.