Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

M5's most interesting feature

something interesting i found thought i would share with everyone else

You've heard of iDrive, now there's MDrive.

Let's hope it's interface is more intuitive!

MDrive for even more comfort.

The so-called MDrive is a new function that is activated via the MDrive button on the steering wheel. This function allows the driver to turn the comfortable saloon car into a thoroughbred sports car at the push of a button and vice versa. This entails calling up the settings and drive modes previously configured in the MDrive menu of the iDrive. The preset values can be stored in the key memory system.

The following individual functions are pre-selected or activated via MDrive:

The power button with which the engine characteristics – i.e. output and response – are affected in three stages;

SMG Drivelogic with which one of six sequential or five automatic shift modes are pre-selected – the driver once again benefits from the direct selection of each desired drive or shift mode;

DSC Dynamic Stability Control featuring two modes of driving dynamics;

EDC Electronic Damper Control with the three modes – comfort, normal and sport;

Head-up-Display and

Active backrest width adjustment.

SMG selector lever with illuminated selector lever position indicator.

The selector lever illumination and gear position indicator is activated as soon as the ignition is switched on. Adjacent to the SMG selector lever, there are four buttons that facilitate direct operation of the driving dynamics functions Power, DSC, EDC and Drivelogic.

Barring just a few exceptions, the M5 client can choose from the myriad of equipment and options for individualisation offered by the BMW 5 Series. These include in particular adaptive cornering lights – headlights that follow the course of a bend as if guided by magic – as well as cruise control.

Guest Andrew

20 bucks says the next M5 has none of those features.. companys get sick of useless features pretty damn quick (i.e like mercedes did.. removed over 1000 functions from thier cars).

what happened to owning a super car because it drove and looked ALWAYS like a supercar?? i saw a 03 m3 parked in town outside a supermarket yesterday, with a baby seat, i was discusted.

what happened to owning a super car because it drove and looked ALWAYS like a supercar?? i saw a 03 m3 parked in town outside a supermarket yesterday, with a baby seat, i was discusted.

I wouldn't exactly call an M3 a super car. Sure they are great cars, but not in the same league as a real super car.

If I could afford one, and had a sprog, I would love an 03 M3.

Cheers

Nothing wrong with a baby seat in an M3.

I'd much rather see that than another one of those Fugly 4WD, for the urban jungle & shopping in Parnell.

:mellow:

nothing wrong with 4x4's in parnell

soccor moms are hot... well some are and even better when they are in a X5