Sign in to follow this  
wild_weston

Good place for second hand later model parts

Hi All,

I've found a good place to pick up second hand parts for E46s.

It's a place in Auckland called Ladies Mile Motors Co Ltd.

I just picked up a window motor from them for $150 after being quoted $350 from the dealer.

Now installed and it works fine.

Just thought I'd share this with you as I had a bit of trouble finding secondhand parts for the later models.

Their number is 0800 269 992.

Cheers

Good info to have wild_weston. How did you find them out of interest?? And what is their range like?

Not sure if it's my memory, but I think they also advertise on this site.

Ive seen them around on here too.

They trade on trademe as carfanatic spelt weird.

They had a crap E36 on there for very cheap as they were desperate for cash.

Good info to have wild_weston. How did you find them out of interest?? And what is their range like?

I read the sticky for Hell BM and gave them a ring for parts. They put me onto Ladies Mile for E46 parts.

Don't know how good their range is, suppose it depends on what cars they have taken apart. Supplied the window motor no problems. I'm after a few small parts from them now which are a bit more model specific, I'll let you know how they get on.

On this point, I really have to stop going to the stealership. Cost me $180 to get the window motor installed and they forgot to take out the putty holding the window in place (time to get out a lollipop stick and fish it out). Call me picky but when you pay that much you expect it to be perfect.

Cheers

Edited by wild_weston

On this point, I really have to stop going to the stealership. Cost me $180 to get the window motor installed and they forgot to take out the putty holding the window in place (time to get out a lollipop stick and fish it out). Call me picky but when you pay that much you expect it to be perfect.

Cheers

I'd take the putty out, roll it into a ball and then head back to the dealer, plonk it on their service counter and say: "Hey, there... think this is yours!" and demand a discount!

... Call me picky but when you pay that much you expect it to be perfect.

I find this a problem with wherever I take my car, there is always something that doesn't end up being 'perfect'. Its got to the point that I do everything I can at home because then I know its done properly, ends up being cheaper too...

---

As for Ladies Mile Motors they are pretty cool, apparently they have a whole warehouse of e36's just down the road from the shop.

I needed a new wheel (just 1 because it was buckled) and the boss there quoted me $295+gst (2nd hand wheel), then I rang up a few days later and another guy quoted me $175. When I went there the boss said there must be a mistake. I told him that unless he does that price I'll drive to manukau (ryan st, forgot the name of the shop) and get it for that price there since was quoted the same. He quickly changed his mind and I got my wheel :)