Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

E39 Ipod integration options - ICELink vs DICE vs Intravee II - Which

Hiya,

I'm looking for ipod integration for my E39, I can't decide on which to go for because I don't have any experience, and they all seem to have mixed reviews, I noticed that DICE and ICELink have much more functionality than Intravee II, but the Intravee seems to get more praise. Furthermore.. What would be the best place to buy these? I haven't seen anything like this in NZ, so I'm guessing Aus would be the next best? I don't want to be burdened with a large shipping fee!

Any feedback is highly appreciated :D

Good question - I am also interested to hear feedback. I have read that some E46 radios have a text display issue with the Intravee - not sure if this is the same with the DICE or ICElink or if it impacts the E39 as well.

No knowledge of the integration options but just want to say that for small items it probably won't make much difference if you get it from Australia or the US. Jochen said the Intravee was the best, so might pay to ask him why.

Jochen said the Intravee was the best, so might pay to ask him why.

Because

a ) it offers really good functionality

b ) it is actively supported and updates are released regularly and are easy to install

c ) it is made by BMW enthusiasts

I like point c)

Edited by jochen

I had an ICELink Plus first - it was absolutely, utterly rubbish. I then had a HK Drive & Play which was pretty good but has a separate controller and screen to mount somewhere, then I went Intravee which is utterly brilliant - I was a beta tester in fact. Intravee functionality is way, way ahead of ICELink, and it's totally invisible and properly integrated.

I now have the Intravee in my Mini. The only caveat is that both my e39 and the Mini have nav, so I haven't tried it with a business stereo etc.

Sounds promising :) where would be the best place I can snatch one!?