Sign in to follow this  
silverlea

545i

Is there any way to see what engine temp is doing on this car ? No temp gauge like my old 540.

thanks.

Hmmm good question. Maybe it's just got a warning to tell you when it gets too hot.

Maybe try all the advance menus in iDrive?

Is there any way to see what engine temp is doing on this car ? No temp gauge like my old 540.

thanks.

Just searched my manual on CD and there is no oil temperature gauge or similar in the e60s. They only refer to checking the oil level manually. The M5 does have the oil temp gauge where the fuel vaccum sits and also has an digital oil level display as some V10 engines have an oil consumtion issue.

Come over to the other side ....... :P

PS if you need a CD owners manual for your e60 or any BMW after 1999, send me a PM. I was selling quite a few on TM as a service till the buggers stopped me.

Yup.

It has that indicator on the outside of the tachometer which moves down as the engine's temp gets closer to operating temp.

... just searched my manual on CD and there is no oil temperature gauge or similar in the e60s. They only refer to checking the oil level manually.

Apart from the M cars I don't think oil temp was ever a feature?

Yup.

It has that indicator on the outside of the tachometer which moves down as the engine's temp gets closer to operating temp.

Apart from the M cars I don't think oil temp was ever a feature?

I THINK THATS ONLY ON THE M5 V10 TACH ???

Hmmm good question. Maybe it's just got a warning to tell you when it gets too hot.

Maybe try all the advance menus in iDrive?

Amazing to think the blokes in Munich think we are better off without a temp gauge !!

Most modern German cars have no temp gauge (My Holden doesn’t) I would Google “accessing dealer menu†for the E60, this is a menu the dealers use to run threw basic functions (including temp) we no longer need to know about apparently, its normally a sequence of buttons to push and what not. Good luck.

See the attached picture re indicator in the tachometer

THanks friend..................yep thats it.exactly like youve explained. Appreciate your help.

regards,

silverlea.